Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents i need some advice , before i start breaks where working fine before i done the water leak job.

Gents i i took the master cylinder and servo off to seal up the area where the water gets into the drivers footwell .

When i put the car back together i knock the grey pipe off the break fulid Reservoir . Also i noticed a hissing sound and no breaking power after restarting car i realised i forget to put the O Ring back on the mater cylinder. I took the master cylinder back out and replaced the O Ring.

After i done that i got very good breaking power , the breaks feel to sharpe to be honest.

The issue i am having is the break lights a sticking on when i press the pedal gently. I have to then reset the pedal with my foot only slightly though to get the lights to go out.

I never bleed the breaks after putting the car back together as the car seems to be stopping very sharply , it doesn't feel like the system has air there. Actually the opposite the pedal feels shift and the breaks sharpe , like i said that grey pipe did come off when putting the car back together. I also resealed the gasket between the break plate and servo with the old gasket and silicone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys you don't think i damaged the servo do you or the master cylinder , the car stops hard and fast without effort on the break pedal , i don't remember having this problem the first time i done this job.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Man, the servo is to help you step on the pedal, if it is punctured you will not have assistance and you will have to make more force on the pedal, I suspect that it is incorrectly mounted or something happened with the internal ball, like it was mounted badly and is half capacity, and that is why when requesting assistance he shoots at once

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done the servo test pumped the break started the engine and the pedal moved , breaks don't seem to be sticking the wheels move freely by hand when jacking up , going to bleed the breaks see if that changes any thing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Breaks are defo sticking a bit car wasn't gathering speed down hill , however no smell and the car can still move on clutch control , most of the time.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm sorry but with the google translator it's hard for me to understand what you're saying, let's see if you can explain it better or someone will go and translate the fault better for me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry but with the google translator it's hard for me to understand what you're saying, let's see if you can explain it better or someone will go and translate the fault better for me
I think i found the problem , put this in the wrong side

1 - 10 of 10 Posts