Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to take the gluey foam stuff off? Me and a mate who owns the corsa went to a vauxhall body shop and they said to use white spirit and just keep rubbing it, well it is taking absolutly ages only managed half of one today. They said about a toffee roller thing but he said is tricky as it may burn the paint. Is there another way?

·
Registered
26,907 Posts
toffee wheel on a drill, did my rub strips and rear badges with it and worked fine, just needed polish and wax after and its fine. plus the toffee wheel is a lot quicker! took bout 2 hours in total to do all of my stuff

·
Registered
26,907 Posts
theres all types of things people have used to try rubbing it off by hand

toffee wheel just goes into the end of a drill and is a circular rubber pad, then just rub the glue off with the edge, dont spend too long on one area as will then take laquer off

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used a plastic kitchen spatula utensil thing and scraped, it is same effect as this toffee wheel thing but using elbow grease not electric drill! utensil thing was hard enough to srape sticky stuff off but soft enough to not damage paint. took about an hour for both sides:thumbs:

·
Registered
844 Posts
do it by hand, takes a while but once its done you'll appreciate it more ;)

I had blisters on my fingers after lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts