Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, happy Sunday I hope you’re all well.
If annoying could offer any advice that would be great. This front plastic bumper panel thinggggg seems to be hanging of, the little clips that hold it in are very week and everytime I arrive home I need to put it back in.

does anyone have any experience with the peep of and stick front bumper things from eBay ? And if so would I be able to replace this plastic piece with one.

I will attach a link to the one I am talking about, if anyone has any alternative ideas or suggestion please let me know :))

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
On the facelift bumper there is also a push clip under the front lip seen from under the car. Not sure if it is the same on your preface lift bumper? You could push it back in and secure it with some kind of rivet or screw from under the lip?

·
Registered
378 Posts
It goes with staples such as paper sheets, the problem is that it is a very soft plastic so that it rubs against the ground and over the years it falls apart, if you cannot renew the staples, think about sticking it with Sikaflex and solved

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I have that same look on my facelift bumper but it also has a couple of OCD-affecting dents so I have a fresher replacement. Took ages to find at a good price because glacier white is rare on the 2000-2006 C.

This came with no chin splitter so I bought a roll of that ebay rubbery stuff (in "carbon look" because I'm such a Riiicer!) that you linked. On the post-facelft bumper, the roll of splitter fits into the groove intended for the GM plastic absolutely perfectly. Even so, the nature of the curvery is such that the little strip of 3M adhesive is not up to holding it and a bit of 70mph would doubtless have it being dragged by your exhaust or rear axle in no time. I think four self-tappers were included but get at least four more. I've had the bumper with the new splitter leaning against the wall for a long while (I'm in no rush) and, apart from the screws holding it, I hope this has encouraged the adhesive so there aren't any unsightly sags. It looks like a pre-facelift will need at least as many self-tappers, but hopefully the end result will look good. For the two-beer price, I'm quite happy with it and prefer it to even a well-fitting original

·
Registered
378 Posts
Since you have to repair it, think about putting another one, like the ibiza, golf5 or so, with the ibiza you will look better but you will brush everywhere, I now have the golf 5 painted and I like more series, I'll leave you photo

If you notice it is flatter in the middle but wider on the sides, it is painted and lacquered in black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts