Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As soo many people keep asking the same question im going to clear it up quickly.

First off if you have the Standard crossover.. take it off as its completely in the way.

Now this is what you need to do... (Ignore bottom red arrow its there by accident)

On the picture were you notice it says "Vac pipe coming off inlet Mani" You'll notice a black vac pipe coming off 'T-piece 2' this is the standard vac pipe coming off the inlet manifold (Can't miss it) it will be connected to a T-piece and you will see a vac pipe that disappears down the back of the engine this is the vac pipe that leads to the Rear BCS unplug this one and remove the crap Vauxhall T-Piece.

You can get T-pieces from Halfrauds you will need 2 if you have Boost Gauge and OV DV, or OE DV and AM DV. You will need 3 T-pieces if you have a Boost Gauge, OE DV and AM DV.

Anyway.. once you have unplugged the rear BCS pipe and taken out the Vauxhall T-piece replace with your new T-piece and plug the Inlet Manifold vac line in (I found it helped keeping the rubber connector thing Vauxhall use) Then using some 3mm piping connect up your components (It doesn't really matter what order they are in).

Mine's

FPR - Boost gauge - OE DV - Inlet Mani

And i got my pipe from BnQ its 98p a meter. I only needed a meter of it :) (It won't melt on the Inlet)

After its done you will find you hold boost far better in 1st gear and actually achieve full boost :lol:
And ive noticed my second gear feels abit smoother too.

Hope this helps.
Pic is rather self explanatory

Connection to OE DV below

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After its done you will find you hold boost far better in 1st gear and actually achieve full boost :lol:
And ive noticed my second gear feels abit smoother too.

:shock:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i readed this, but i no see how much difference it makes, if you don't what your full boost is :look:
Just overall makes boost come alittle smoother really. Can't really explain it but you'll feel it :lol:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
major difference?

is it like "oh that's nice"

or "oooooooooooooo that's smooooooth"

:p
Its more like..

ooooooooooooo smoother. I like.

Other people..

It feels the same...

Then im like...

It does feel better and smoother on gear changes though. Mine certainly did and can notice a difference on the boost gauge also.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
not worth doing for a zlet corsa as you can,t use to much boost in 1st or 2nd anyway no traction even with the best rubber in the world, ok I suppose in a astra with traction control, but when corsa is in 3rd bye bye astra and most other cars lol.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not worth doing for a zlet corsa as you can,t use to much boost in 1st or 2nd anyway no traction even with the best rubber in the world, ok I suppose in a astra with traction control, but when corsa is in 3rd bye bye astra and most other cars lol.
I always have my traction control off.. its useless.

Just you wait. Soon you won't be able to keep up with the Astra ;)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
vxr turbo with uprated acctuator and forge recirc valve then no need to do this. as I said you can not use to much boost in low gears.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts