Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ppl, I was wondering if any1 could help.. Basically my m8's got a Corsa 1.2 16v and has lowered it 50mm all round and had no problems until recent. Whats happened is 1 side of his car is now lower than the other and is scrubing on the back passenger side wheel arch. He has hit the curb on that back wheel and Im guessing that may have done something to cause this problem, any ideas on what could be wrong?! Cheers guys much appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
Might have fecked the wheel, so could be bent and scraping?!!? Or broke some part of the suspension. Most people don't drop -50mm just on springs with standard shocks so being that low might be putting too much stress on standard parks of suspension and they could have broke.

You'll have to get your wheel off and have a look to see if everything is still ok or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Im gonna take the back wheel off 2day and have alook, see if I can spot anything which could cause the problem. Cheers for your help, and I will keep ya posted.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
if he hit a kurb with the rear wheel chances are he's bent the stub axle or rear beam this would cause it to sit funny and cause the wheel to scrub.not a cheap job if it has corsa sxi off here had the same prob

·
Registered
317 Posts
hi mate you may also want to check the rear shocker as lowering the car that much may have put it under a lot of stress an wen he hit the curb it finished it off lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts