Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a standard pre-facelift with no fogs and i wanna add fogs lights to it like on a sri......where can i get this and how much?
thanx guys

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
yes you can, its been covered on here a few times, from what i can remember you need the lights, loom, fuse, relay & light switch with front fog light switch and it should all work.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i saw on ebay someone was selling the lower grill from a 2004 model but he said it would fit a prefacelift, that sold for £25 i think, and you could get a pair of fog lights for £25 each i think (i wouldnt quote me exactly!:lol:) and then you could wire it up yourself, and then buy a new fog light switch panel and thats it.......... simple really! :D

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
yes you can, its been covered on here a few times, from what i can remember you need the lights, loom, fuse, relay & light switch with front fog light switch and it should all work.
dont forget the lower grille to take the fog lights as well ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just bought a new headlight switch to convert to multiple LEDs, it's to replace my daughters unit which already has front fogs, once I've replaced hers with the converted one I'll be selling her old one. I'll convert it as well if you want :) but I'll post a couple of pics of how hers comes out first so you can guage if you like to look. Hers will be blue symbols with red illuminated marker lines on the knob and wheels but I can do virtually any colour combinations, was even thinking of colour coding the fog buttons so that one is amber for the fronts whilst the other is red for the rear as I always forget which is which when I want to use one of them to flash someone :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
i did the same thing on my pre face lift,wiring loom ,relay ,under bumper grill from vx.fog and switch from ebay,fuse from halfords.
followed the tutorial from this site ,took about 2 hours from start to finish.
but beware because although i followed everything by the book mine dont seem to want to work,i have no live feed (still dont know why) but someone said that early preface lifts have a link missing from the bcm(what ever that is)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd suggest having a good luck at the fusebox. Check you actually have spade connectors in the relay slots and the fuse slots. A lot of Astra G owners were caught out like this, everyone said they'd be prewired but it turned out the fusebox wasn't wired for front fogs.

It should be possible to wire them in though but you'd need to see what's missing first.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
NOOOOOO!!! Don't do it! You can't do it on a prefacelift aparantly. Or you can but it's a lot harder. There's a wire missing from the loom on the light switch. Check that it's there before you start buying stuff in....

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
Some parts that i bought today for the conversion,

- wiring loom, part number 24415567

- 15 amp mini fuse, part number 91153943

- number 17 black single pole relay, part number 24435922

- dash bulb, part number 90563896

- sri lower grill (Pre facelift) part number 13113426

Came to £46.68 inc VAT :thumbs:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Some parts that i bought today for the conversion,

- wiring loom, part number 24415567

- 15 amp mini fuse, part number 91153943

- number 17 black single pole relay, part number 24435922

- dash bulb, part number 90563896

- sri lower grill (Pre facelift) part number 13113426

Came to £46.68 inc VAT :thumbs:
all from vx and cn you fit them to a preface lift and is it as easy as the tutorial on it

·
Registered
10 Posts
did the same thing,went to vx. brought all the items listed,followed the tutorial to the letter.took 2 hours but still nothing works??????and nobody on the forum seems to be able to say why,only that there is a link missing(on early pre face lifts)in the switch.i'll have to ring vx to see if they can give me an anwser.and if they do i'll post it.(dont hold your breath)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts