Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I would like some help to repair this myself, because the mechanic thinks I might need to replace the onboard computer. I have recorded a short 3 minute video showing visually the problem.
1) If the problem happens when the engine is off, then the engine will not run. It does start once and burn the fuel inside the engine, but it chokes.
2) If the problem happens when I am driving, I can keep driving as long as I need.
So, what is the problem? It seems to be random. It is not related to weather, humidity, and it is not when the car is moving (such as a loose cable), as it can happen when the car is parked.
I have checked the battery, the alternator, and the fuses, and they are all good. I have cleaned the battery cables as well.
Link to video
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Keno

Registered
As far as I know it's likely to be related to the instrument cluster connector. Have you tried "gently tapping"(or not so gently 馃槄 )the cluster? Bumpy streets are like flipping a coin in my case, "tactical tapping" did the trick for me more than once.

PS: In my case the engine will crank, but no fuel will be injected=no start. IDK if it's precisely the same fault but sounds familiar to me

Registered
as bolt tells you as much as possible is that you connect the tab of the box badly, it is usually checked by pushing it backwards so that it connects better, many units were affected by that, yours would be to remove the frame and clean well the contacts of the tab and the frame and see to tighten them a little, try to disassemble the pieces of plastic tighten it and go out to roll without the plastics , if it fails you you have it on hand to play there din have to go all mounted

Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
Dose look like a cluster connection problems. But was wondering as well if the floor is getting wet on drivers side. Only cos when condensation gets in from wet it does this as well. Has the brake booster been re sealed. Is floor damp on drivers side. I would check this especially with the age of vehicles in reg number. It can start messing up electrics over time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dose look like a cluster connection problems. But was wondering as well if the floor is getting wet on drivers side. Only cos when condensation gets in from wet it does this as well. Has the brake booster been re sealed. Is floor damp on drivers side. I would check this especially with the age of vehicles in reg number. It can start messing up electrics over time.
car is dry even at worse times, but I will keep this in mind, thanks Rubber Duck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I know it's likely to be related to the instrument cluster connector. Have you tried "gently tapping"(or not so gently 馃槄 )the cluster? Bumpy streets are like flipping a coin in my case, "tactical tapping" did the trick for me more than once.

PS: In my case the engine will crank, but no fuel will be injected=no start. IDK if it's precisely the same fault but sounds familiar to me
Thanks 4Bolts. Pushing the cluster, pressing it backwards, did the trick this morning. I will continue to do it if this happens again.

I never thought it could be the cluster.

A mechanic suggested getting a new immobiliser.

I found a video on youtube showing how bad is the design of the cluster connection, so I got a good idea where to press.

馃槂

Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
car is dry even at worse times, but I will keep this in mind, thanks Rubber Duck.
Yeah keep an eye out for it. Starts as condensation on windows. Glad it鈥檚 just the dashboard connection. There are videos on how to remove the display. Good tip is if you removing it to sort out contacts is replace the bulbs for battery etc so you don鈥檛 need to go back in again later on. Also remove all the muck that builds up around the dash around the cluster. Gives it its free movement again when that鈥檚 removed. Don鈥檛 screw the screws back in to tight on the cluster just a quarter turn when screw to body of cluster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts