Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some advice.

i have been trying to reprogramme my key as the central locking doesnt work on, when trying to program it with my op-com, it asks for the security code which is on the car pas, however when i enter the code it says incorrect security code.... now the question i have is if i go to vauxhall to get another car pass, even tho i have it, will the security code be the same? im thinking that at some point in time something has been changed in my car which will explain why the security code is wrong.

is there any other way of accessing the security code, using a tech 2?

all i want to do is reprogram my key
:sick:

Thanks in advance :)

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,240 Posts
There is a way of reading the security code with the op-com

Will get back to you as I can't remember off the top of my head

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a way of reading the security code with the op-com

Will get back to you as I can't remember off the top of my head

okay thanks mate. really bugging me now, reprogrammed my mates key for him tonite and it worked a treat, just doesnt want anything to do with my car :(

·
Scotland Organiser
3,262 Posts
go to instrument and then on the bottom left it has a button that says read epporrom(something like that) in there you can change mileage on the clocks click read security code and it will tell you the code and the mileage.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go to instrument and then on the bottom left it has a button that says read epporrom(something like that) in there you can change mileage on the clocks click read security code and it will tell you the code and the mileage.

Security code doesnt display, it says n/a i have noticed tho that the usb serial connection in windows device manager hasnt gt any drivers an there isnt any with software thati got wiv the opcom

·
Scotland Organiser
3,262 Posts
when you go into instrument does all the coding/part numbers keep flashing? can you read fault codes?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can read an clear faults fine... Like i said been able to programme my mates car tonite jus wont let me get security code on mine

·
Scotland Organiser
3,262 Posts
my first opcom unit work on everything apart from reading my clocks that's why i asked.

try going into the bcm and enter the code so you can activate something like cruise control you can disable again later but it if it accepts the code there then you have the correct code.
assuming you have the right code reset your clocks and then reprogram them with the code you have.

·
Scotland Organiser
3,262 Posts
im afraid to say your opcom is f*cked and you need a new one
as i said mines worked on everything but clocks and the keys need programed to the clocks im sure

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my first opcom unit work on everything apart from reading my clocks that's why i asked.

try going into the bcm and enter the code so you can activate something like cruise control you can disable again later but it if it accepts the code there then you have the correct code.
assuming you have the right code reset your clocks and then reprogram them with the code you have.
i go into the bcm on the car an that when it wont accept the code.

·
Scotland Organiser
3,262 Posts
it can be one of two things opcom or your code try someone else's opcom if you can, to retrieve your code and try read your friends code off his clock

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it can be one of two things opcom or your code try someone else's opcom if you can, to retrieve your code and try read your friends code off his clock
ive jus downgraded my firmware on my op-com to 1.39 an was able to read the clocks. i have found out that the security code on my card matches the one in the eeprom, but when i go into bcm it still wont accept it :(

·
605,240 Posts
Mine will only work with version 1.44 as it was 1.39 before and wouldn't read the bcm

·
Registered
2 Posts
codes for your car.

Hi Brandon.

Have you made a simple check to ensure its the correct car pass for your vehicle. The easyest way is to check the vin number, also on the car pass. Sometimes the incorrect car pass can be passed on during handling by retailers. If the car pass has the correct vin no then you would be wasting your money purchasing a new one. Contact a local auto locksmith he may be able to read the code depending on his level of equipment.
need some advice.

i have been trying to reprogramme my key as the central locking doesnt work on, when trying to program it with my op-com, it asks for the security code which is on the car pas, however when i enter the code it says incorrect security code.... now the question i have is if i go to vauxhall to get another car pass, even tho i have it, will the security code be the same? im thinking that at some point in time something has been changed in my car which will explain why the security code is wrong.

is there any other way of accessing the security code, using a tech 2?

all i want to do is reprogram my key
:sick:

Thanks in advance :)

·
605,240 Posts
Thanks for sharing but please don’t bump very old threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.