Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** edit ** split from GP's Car thread in Your Cars **

Noonster19 said:
Only prob is once you have washed the car, you cant really go that far to take pics of it gets filthy :(
EXACTLY :lol:

really does my head in that :( unless its a nice day then the car dont get dirrrty:)

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
how often do you get a nice day tho? :(

D

·
0 Posts
m-dot - yeah so basically only take pics in the summer :lol:

Im crap at washing car anyways - usually take it to the valet place.... they wash the outside, clean inside/outside windows and hoover the car out - only cost £10

Cant wash the car myself ALWAYS goes streeky!!!

Sometimes go to carwash if im desperate - wont be doing that when my kits on though - will take it to the valet guy every 2weeks ish!!

S

·
0 Posts
I've been having to wash mine about twice a week or more to keep it looking good at the moment.

Just went out to the Trafford Centre before and car was nice and shiny /clean when I left now it is dull/dirty :( Cant be arsed washing it again with this crap weather at the mo.

D

·
0 Posts
Si how to you wash it and not make it streeky - everytime i do it it turns out sh*te, dirt even stays on there :(

S

·
0 Posts
Noonster19 said:
Si how to you wash it and not make it streeky - everytime i do it it turns out sh*te, dirt even stays on there :(
Just wash normally using Turtle Wash & Wax stuff. Then rinse off with hose. Then I've got this kool Flexi-Blade thing that you run all over your car and get most the the water off with no streaks. Then leather the rest off that needs it. Sorted.

D

·
0 Posts
Question??

1. do you wet with hose first then turtle wash and wax then rinse with hose? (powerwash??)
2. Flexi blade?? where from how much??

·
Registered
729 Posts
Noonster19 said:
Flexi blade?? where from how much??
Got mine from COSTCO for around half that price! I'm going there this weekend so if anyone would like me to get them one I will but you MUST guarantee you'll buy it! I don't want to be left with any!

I'm sure it was around half the price, maybe even less AND you got a smaller one with it.

If anyone fancies one then PM me.

S

·
0 Posts
Noonster19 said:
Question??

1. do you wet with hose first then turtle wash and wax then rinse with hose? (powerwash??)
2. Flexi blade?? where from how much??
1. Wet with hose 1st then wash/was stuff, then rinse with hose. :thumbs:

2. Posted link to a place to get blades above. But you can also find them at Halfords, thats where mine is from, and as I say mine is made by Turtle-Wax not that same make as one on speeding.co.uk but look very similar so will do same job :)

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
If you use a chamois and rinse it after everytime u do a certain section e.g boot - rinse - rear bumper - rinse..

Then u get not streak marks ;) im a master at washing the black car now!!

D

·
0 Posts
Si - I am an idiot!!!

I already have them flexi things - this lass at work got me some from leeds end of last year... didnt know what they were called :(

I have a large one and a small one - didnt know you could use them on the car though :! :!

:lol: - im stupid, i always told my girlfriend off for wiping the car with them - HAHAHA

Thinking back though - when she did it i didnt have any streeks

Will give it another go at the weekend :p

D

·
0 Posts
chazsxi said:
If you use a chamois and rinse it after everytime u do a certain section e.g boot - rinse - rear bumper - rinse..

Good info - so takes each bit of the car as a panel then....

like wash just the door then the front wing etc....
mmm will have to try that....

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Noonster19 said:
chazsxi said:

Good info - so takes each bit of the car as a panel then....

like wash just the door then the front wing etc....
mmm will have to try that....
yep just make sure that u have a bucket of cold water to wash the chamois after every panel 8)

D

·
0 Posts
:lol: this is turning in to a carwash thread - oh but we still love the car mr. penguin......

so.

Hose the panel off - then spread chamois over it to get the dirt off then rinse off with the hose (or using bucket of water instead of hose)

that right??

Where can i get chamois from? - halford? expensive?

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Noonster19 said:
:lol: this is turning in to a carwash thread - oh but we still love the car mr. penguin......

so.

Hose the panel off - then spread chamois over it to get the dirt off then rinse off with the hose (or using bucket of water instead of hose)

that right??

Where can i get chamois from? - halford? expensive?
(1) hose off whole car------> (2) rub with CLEAN chamois -------> (3) Rinse chamois ----------> do another panel with steps 2 and 3 8)

can get a chamois from halfords for about £3-4!! make sure u store it in the tube slightly damp to stopo it cracking and goin smelly :lol:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
wot i do, is use a jetwash, water the car, then use Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo, then after i rinsed it throughly, i just use Autoglym Aqua-Dry which is a really good chamois leather, but i dip it into hot/warm water, then take all the water outta the chamois, then keep repeating that til ive finished.
you can buy them from :
http://www.motormania.co.uk/product_list.asp?strSubCategory=Autoglym Car Care

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
If you're buying a chamois, spend a couple of quid more and get a good one. Don't store it damp, lie it flat and let it dry. two minutes before you want to use it again, drop into bucket of warm (not cold) water to soften it up, and it will never crack, or become smelly! In fact thinking about it, I have never smelt an off chammy before :eek: Chaz, what does it smell like :? :lol:

Oh, and Noonster only buy Autoglym shampoo if you are feeling rich, but never (even as a desperate measure) use washing up liquid :twisted:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts