Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, probably had this question before but I can’t find it so please help!
recently bought a corsa c 1.2 2005 for my so as his first car, we’ve been out in it for a few drives with no problem the most recent trip being last Thursday evening.
We went to go out yesterday pm and it just won’t start! It cranks over but will not fire. I did the pedal test and got 1614 to start with which is key/ Immobilizer connected, these cleared by disconnecting th battery, I’ve also had 0560 which is “system voltage” not sure what this means but the battery has been on charge all night and just turns over. The pedal test doesn’t give me a code sequence now just flashes continually. I’ve read about crank sensors causing cars not to start because they take over the control of the fuel pump after the initial priming, there is fuel at the test point on the rail. The plugs look very dry when removed. Does anyone think it’s worth trying the crank sensor as a first option? Thank you all for reading and hopefully shedding some light on our problem. Sorry admin if I’ve posted my question in the wrong topic area. Steve

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Change crank sensor with genuine only when the rpm needle does not move. Otherwise put aside the parts cannon! Don’t be that guy.
P1614 can be either immobilizer wrong signal received or wrong transponder key.
Have you lost the transponder chip from the key? Key fallen off? And is the engine fault lamp blinking? Worths mentioning to us?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. I didn’t know you you can check the crank sensor by looking at the rev counter whilst cranking so will check this. The fault codes clear when the battery has been disconnected for a period. With the key in the ignition on position 2 the spanner light goes out and is does not come on again when cranking. If I do the pedal test I get not code just a continuous series of flashes.the keys are in good condition and have worked in the past. This is all stated in my original post. In short engine cranks but does not start, keys are good and no worming lights or code. Just won’t start :(

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You tried starting it will accelerator flat to the floor for 30 seconds. Maybe its flooded. The continuous flashing when doing pedal test means no codes stored.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rev counter needed does not move at all whilst cranking, is this a symptom of crank sensor problems/failure?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to say thank you! I really was out of my depth with the car not starting, but the help and suggestions I received through this forum post made me decide to buy and fit a new crank poster sensor. £11.99 and it started first time. both my son and I are very happy and very thankful. Regards Steve :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, probably had this question before but I can’t find it so please help!
recently bought a corsa c 1.2 2005 for my so as his first car, we’ve been out in it for a few drives with no problem the most recent trip being last Thursday evening.
We went to go out yesterday pm and it just won’t start! It cranks over but will not fire. I did the pedal test and got 1614 to start with which is key/ Immobilizer connected, these cleared by disconnecting th battery, I’ve also had 0560 which is “system voltage” not sure what this means but the battery has been on charge all night and just turns over. The pedal test doesn’t give me a code sequence now just flashes continually. I’ve read about crank sensors causing cars not to start because they take over the control of the fuel pump after the initial priming, there is fuel at the test point on the rail. The plugs look very dry when removed. Does anyone think it’s worth trying the crank sensor as a first option? Thank you all for reading and hopefully shedding some light on our problem. Sorry admin if I’ve posted my question in the wrong topic area. Steve
Hi,
Try to check if you bettery cable are tied enough, maybe your terminals are lose or warn, if they warn you'll need to crap them with your steel brush and tie the bettery cables back and make sure tied enough, or could be the problem in you engine, your car might be over floating that mean doesn't burn fuels in one of your spark plugs, could be maybe valve is damaged, engine cylinder damaged;if it is the cylinder it will smoke, and be carefully here you dont need to force it cause you will cause a huge damage. Or you will need to change a bettery maybe yours is too old.

1. Start with the cable check them if they tied enough
2. Check your bettery terminals if they not warn
3. Clean then with your steel brush, tie them enough
4. Or change your car bettery, just borrow your friends for testing.
5. Maybe check your spark plugs
But if your car did smoke👇the problem might be with the number 6. Cause injectors not easily damaged, on a very rare occasion they will be, but if it them they can also cause smoke.
6. Then check the engine; might be in the cylinder head or engine itself.

Good luck my friend wish you luck, hope your problem will be sorted.

Regards

·
Registered
387 Posts
The issue is now solved, crankshaft position sensor.

To the OP

make sure you keep another crankshaft position sensor to hand, if your current one fails you wont need to wait for parts.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
To the OP

make sure you keep another crankshaft position sensor to hand, if your current one fails you wont need to wait for parts.
I always keep a Bosch cranksensor and oil pressure switch in my glove box plus an array of bulbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts