Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF is that all about....

I hadnt left any lights on or anything,

Car unlocked fine.... put the keys in and lights on dash came one - went to start and nothing!!!

Took keys out - put in again turned them and lights blinkering and going mad
Alarmed started going off etc.... then just died!!!

Dad jumped me and car started....... got me to work.

Is it the battery - do i need a new one??

Help / advice PLEASE!!! :(

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
u did say u jus got ur alarm fitted recently... cud b somthin to do with that as u said da lights started blinkering and the alarm jus went off? worth a bet to fone up the place where u got the alarm fitted and jus tell them wot happened

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
might be your battery on it's way out.was you out in the rain yesterday with everything switched on?? it puts a big drain on the battery and with setting the alarm as well just made the battery go flat.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
corsav - sorry mate ment the interior lights on the dash - they was flickering etc....

Chewy - yeah i was in the rain..... had to drive 2.5hrs back from alton towers....

Went through a few HUGE puddles too...

I had...

CD Player on
Heating on
Lights on dipped beam
Fog lights on (not all the time only sometime, as it was foggy)
Interior neons on the footwell on for about 45mins ISH.....

Poped into vauxhall about 1hr a go and have booked it in for Thursday for them to look at - they said it could either be battery or electircs ???

They said electrics due to the flickering

I thought batteries lasted years??

Anyways - when i went to vauxhall the car started first time and when i came back it started first time - so least i should be able to get home :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Si - well its at vauxhall on thursday so see what they say.

Its covered under warrenty so shouldnt have to pay anything (I hope)

I think chris_uk wired my in car neons to the battery, so will have to take them off before it goes...
Also have wires going into the fuse box, wil they care about that??

Also - how much was the battery??

·
Registered
107 Posts
If not mate might be worth buying a yellow top or somthing as they hold power for longer then a normal battery should cost you about 80 quid through

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
TRY GETTIN some distilled water and filling up the chambers on the top of the battery. they often get low and need topping up somtimes! :!:
i had the same trouble(not on my corsa). a quick top up of DISTILLED water often helps.
then it need chargin back up, usually driving somewhere for 15mins maybe

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noonster19 said:
Also - how much was the battery??
I managed to get a high power jobby from halfords for £30 ;) Usually £50 + £5 fitting.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cant afford a new battery - will see what vauxhall say on thursday, they will change it for free anyways under warenty if it needs changing.

Cars been fine since - starting up no probs..... maybe it was a one off - who knows ???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought mine was a one off when it happened a few weeks ago. But when it did it again didnt really want to risk drving anywhere far on a weak battery.

·
Registered
28,388 Posts
ibtk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts