Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking to get a cd changer for my Alpine 9880R due to the cd player not working in the headunit (Songs jump really badly)

So i thought the alternative would be to get a disk changer and just put it in the boot and load it with a load of CDs.

Just wondering if i had to get any specific changer? Links would be good if possible on ebay?

Cheers everyone. :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
just had a look at the spec and it doesnt mention an Ai net connection? Did you manage to hve a look?

A changer may be a better idea...it may not...it might still jump with vibrations...the dampening on changers are reasonbly good though so might not be a bad idea...

If you want it to play mp3's the CHA S634 is the one to have...but at £200...hmmm LOL!!! I had one in my first car about 7 years ago now LOL!!

teamSPB

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi All,

Looking to get a cd changer for my Alpine 9880R due to the cd player not working in the headunit (Songs jump really badly)

So i thought the alternative would be to get a disk changer and just put it in the boot and load it with a load of CDs.

Just wondering if i had to get any specific changer? Links would be good if possible on ebay?

Cheers everyone. :doublethumbs:
tbh mate ive got one in the glovebox in mine which came from the factory as it had a tape deck in the dash. it works faultless but changing the magazine can be annoying to put a different cd in especially if you put it in the boot. does you alpine have a cd changer connection on the back? id just get another dash cd player

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had a problem with that headunit and just got the laser realligned might be worth a try
How much did that set you back mate? and where did you get it done?

gaz86 said:
id just get another dash cd player
Where would i get one from? are they not specifically made to match the HU fascia?

·
Registered
493 Posts
How much did that set you back mate? and where did you get it done?

Where would i get one from? are they not specifically made to match the HU fascia?
think you read that wrong. rather than buy a cd changer id get a whole new head unit to repace the alpine. probably best to try matt corsa idea with fixing the lens though

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iv only just bought the alpine so dont really wanna replace it, im happy using my ipod but just wanted the ability to play cds if possible.

How would i go about getting the lense fixed? iv googled companys in manchester that do this but no luck!

Do you know what changer i could use with this hu and whether its possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew about the fault beforehand so cant really send it back (Bought it 2nd hand)

So what kind of company re-alligns lenses? Or what cd changer can i get?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my HU is an alpine 9880R mate, Do you know if this supports a disc changer? If so could you link me to one on ebay maybe? or even a few if your feeling generous :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
493 Posts
iv only just bought the alpine so dont really wanna replace it, im happy using my ipod but just wanted the ability to play cds if possible.

How would i go about getting the lense fixed? iv googled companys in manchester that do this but no luck!

Do you know what changer i could use with this hu and whether its possible?

Thanks
ah that explains it. what did you type into google? i found this place in manchester

http://www.manchester-car-audio.co.uk/services.html

maybe these could identy/fix your problem. i wouldnt say anything about buying a cd changer until theyve said they cant fix it, they might just tell you they cant so you buy a cd changer from them

when my sony broke on sonys website was a page for to find local sony repair agents, maybe the alpines website has something simular :dontknow:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
will have look now for you bud :yes:
Nice one mate, let me know if you find anything, Iv had a look but dont even know if my hu supports them :doublethumbs:

gaz86 said:
ah that explains it. what did you type into google? i found this place in manchester

maybe these could identy/fix your problem. i wouldnt say anything about buying a cd changer until theyve said they cant fix it, they might just tell you they cant so you buy a cd changer from them

when my sony broke on sonys website was a page for to find local sony repair agents, maybe the alpines website has something simular :dontknow:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
will have look now for you bud :yes:
Nice one mate, let me know if you find anything, Iv had a look but dont even know if my hu supports them :doublethumbs:

gaz86 said:

Cheers mate, Iv dropped them an email so il see what they say! thanks for the tip pal:yes:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh right ok nvm thanks for looking anyway pal,

Well iv emailed about the laser alignment so hopefully thats not too expensive and will fix the problem?

Cheers for the help guys :thumbs:

·
Registered
493 Posts
oh right ok nvm thanks for looking anyway pal,

Well iv emailed about the laser alignment so hopefully thats not too expensive and will fix the problem?

Cheers for the help guys :thumbs:
no problem :doublethumbs: if its anything like the repair shop near me they should be able to and fairly cheaply too.

i had one of these:
http://www.freewebs.com/projectcarlton/sonyheadunit.jpg
it needed a new ribbon cable for the control panel/outside screen to work and decoding cost me £15 and only took a few minutes to do.

let us know how you get on

1 - 18 of 18 Posts