Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya bois

Been trawling through the schematics for the Blaupunkt CD30 (don't have the Grundig ones yet), and have in theory developed a Bluetooth mod for it

Adding just bluetooth with no display mods is relatively trivial, but I think I can tap into the CANBUS and write Now Playing to the car screen

I'll be developing schematics later tonight, will keep you updated :)

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Which audio inputs will you use and how will you switch them?
I2S feed to the DAC for the CD player, use an I2S switcher, with an ATMega328 controlling both the I2S switcher and the Bluetooth module, possibly using the BC button, it doesn't do anything on mine

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is all conditional on me getting hold of another CD30, need to check the physical board

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Unlike the CAR2005, which is costly with a code, CD30s go cheap on ebay all the time. People pull them out for upgrading and practically bin them. Search a listing with "nearest first" to save you the postage, which could be more than the CD30 gets on bidding.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unlike the CAR2005, which is costly with a code, CD30s go cheap on ebay all the time. People pull them out for upgrading and practically bin them. Search a listing with "nearest first" to save you the postage, which could be more than the CD30 gets on bidding.
£25 + 50 miles is the cheapest I can find right now, really need to find a proper job

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I looked for one near me (UK, not Malaga) and this came up @ £15 with free postage

It also has a 30 day guarantee. Bit grubby/rubbed on some dials, but for your purposes... There are a few around £15 incl, but mostly for the D if that matters.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked for one near me (UK, not Malaga) and this came up @ £15 with free postage

It also has a 30 day guarantee. Bit grubby/rubbed on some dials, but for your purposes... There are a few around £15 incl, but mostly for the D if that matters.
I've found one the Missus is going to buy me on Monday, pulling my current one to check exactly which variant it is so I can get the same one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts