Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have in my hands the control board of my radio, I want to do the led color change. I've read about the 6-preset or 9-preset smd variant. Mine is 6-preset, so it has the 3528 plcc leds, but I've a ton of 1206 leds, as the ones in 9-preset version. Does it really make a difference if I use the 1206 instead of buying (and waiting for) the 3528 ones?

·
Registered
98 Posts
If they fit they can be fitted, the only difference will be light output of the different sizes but they'll all be the same so it shouldn't matter.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
As it tells you, if you change the size, it can vary in the blurred output, the 3 will shine more lightly than the 5, mount one or two and try

pd
the day you buy a real radio ...
tunero

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the day you buy a real radio ...
tunero
The ****er who installed a parrot on this has given me nightmares, so I forgot the idea of changing it to an actual radio...seriously, I've seen better cable management done by rats

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well, make your head by installing a decent radio not that standard ****, if you even put a 20-year-old kenwood on it and it sounds better, the standard radios are for parguelas, if you put a radio you will win in quality, the standard speakers give more What it seems, with telling you that I put 300rms on one and it did not split into 4 songs I tell you a lot hahaha

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, make your head by installing a decent radio not that standard ****, if you even put a 20-year-old kenwood on it and it sounds better, the standard radios are for parguelas, if you put a radio you will win in quality, the standard speakers give more What it seems, with telling you that I put 300rms on one and it did not split into 4 songs I tell you a lot hahaha
I mount a Philips on my Golf MK2 and sounds like hell, but trust me, it doesn't worth the effort and the money to install on this car a decent audio with hands-free (keenwood+housing 1DIN+steering control adapter = 210€) to listen "los 40 principales"

·
Registered
357 Posts
Man is that the radio in Spain continues to sound like the 1980s, it is normal that you do not know the acoustics of the car, if you assembled separate tracks, an open drawer sub and a 6x9 giving sound to the radio in FLAC then you would spend 210 and more, like made a certain jewels who valued it at 3,500

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man is that the radio in Spain continues to sound like the 1980s, it is normal that you do not know the acoustics of the car, if you assembled separate tracks, an open drawer sub and a 6x9 giving sound to the radio in FLAC then you would spend 210 and more, like made a certain jewels who valued it at 3,500
Dude...I KNOW the acoustics, my first work was as Audio/Video assistant in show business. You DON'T NEED all that audio performance to only listening FM in 15-min drive. You only need that if you ARE GOING TO REALLY ENJOY IT SOMEHOW, if not, it's a waste of time/money. If you are going to watch 4K movies, buy a 55" 4K TV with the best specs you can, but if you are going to watch 360p youtube tutorials, you only need a ****ed up CRT, and that's my GF case with this car, is a "to job/to home" car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick questions:

My TID screen has 3 bulbs, blue, but light is shown as "crappy" white...seriously, you can't see a **** with day light

Second question: The clima led bulbs (in picture there is only one common bulb, the other one is burned) won't light up, don't tell me I need canbus ready bulbs for this ****...?

·
Registered
357 Posts
What happens to you is that the tid has a yellow palastic behind the screen so that the digits with light bulb look yellowish, you are going to have to disassemble the tid to remove it, and you run the risk of ****ing some pixel depending on how big hands you are In the south, the weather does not need a bus, they go spichadas without more

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What happens to you is that the tid has a yellow palastic behind the screen
I saw that, but I was hoping not to disassembly that. So I'll put brighter leds, so it stays "white"
but visible.

In the south, the weather does not need a bus, they go spichadas without more
The thing is, when I plug the led bulb in,neither of bulbs light up, even swaping polarity....

·
Registered
357 Posts
try to corner the pins, if I remember correctly the led, the straight trannies and the module hugs the connection like a clamp, the same is the fault, they worked perfect for me, corner, put it like this \

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok, this is getting weird...
I've extracted the orange thing on the TID and now looks cool. BUT the clima lights are making me crazy...now, the working bulb does not work BUT if I extract it and left clima without lights...radio lights don't work either...I've tried to put the led bulbs and I only get a "myeeeeeeh" buzzing noise from the heater unit, and no light...should I catalog this as X-file? I've installed the "not working now" common bulb again and all works (except the bulb)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
The "Crazy LEDs" website has some installation .pdf files, but not for the CD30, so I didn't reply before with a link. I did know that the TID has an orange filter and this causes people problems because blue light + orange filter = black, but jewels has already dealt with that.

The website does have a whole-dash kit, including the heater controls. I have put a link here, because there are six pdf instruction files and hopefully one is for the heater lights conversion and it might suggest something you haven't tried

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The "Crazy LEDs" website has some installation .pdf files, but not for the CD30, so I didn't reply before with a link. I did know that the TID has an orange filter and this causes people problems because blue light + orange filter = black, but jewels has already dealt with that.

The website does have a whole-dash kit, including the heater controls. I have put a link here, because there are six pdf instruction files and hopefully one is for the heater lights conversion and it might suggest something you haven't tried
Thanks, I know that web. I've returned to stock bulbs in the heater and now works...

BUUUUUUUUUT I see this in the picture of that store:

There is 2 different types of T5 bulbs. I assume the equal pair is canbus prepared, because I cannot find other explanation. I've tried even to plug a led strip and always get the "Myeeeeeeeeh"

·
Registered
357 Posts
If they are those two types in the photo, one already comes with the cap and the other without it, the one without it is for the heating module, or for you to put the cap on, or the one that already comes with it is for you pictures and Also, the problem that you will have in time if you take out the yellow plastic is that the lights will be seen as points of light, since the plastic does not diffuse the light

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If they are those two types in the photo, one already comes with the cap and the other without it, the one without it is for the heating module, or for you to put the cap on
That's not a cap, it's a different led type with gel cover, the other 2 has 3528 led and, if you notice them, there's some extra resistors at the end of the bulb
the problem that you will have in time if you take out the yellow plastic is that the lights will be seen as points of light, since the plastic does not diffuse the light
Way ahead of you, I modified the orange filter (left only the frame of it) and added a clear plastic diffusor (thinner than the original but it does the thing).

Anyway, I've read some other threads here and I've seen the thing about the "master bulb" on the heater and it's right, if you leave the heater unit without the left bulb, there is no *****ng light on heater, radio nor speedo. But the weird noise when I connect the led lights there....it's still an annoying mistery

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks, I know that web. I've returned to stock bulbs in the heater and now works...

BUUUUUUUUUT I see this in the picture of that store:
View attachment 36299
There is 2 different types of T5 bulbs. I assume the equal pair is canbus prepared, because I cannot find other explanation. I've tried even to plug a led strip and always get the "Myeeeeeeeeh"
I put a LED strip in my heater panel instead of the bulbs, the tiny LED bulbs in there were crap.

I soldered the strip wires to an old LED bulb for the proper connections and it worked no bother.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts