Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just think where to put the switches to control my proposed neons inside and out. Where have you lads [and girls] put your switches was looking on electronic sites for switches and found this style it has a red LED illumnination which is a bit of a bummer coz i want blue to go with new interior lighting.

Think two of these babies would go good where vaux have put coin slots next to the cigarette lighter/power point in the central console bit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have put my interior neon switch in the small pocket just to the right of the steering column

It was the only bit I was really prepared to drill coz I know its cheap to replace!! :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AndyC_SRi said:
I have put my interior neon switch in the small pocket just to the right of the steering column

It was the only bit I was really prepared to drill coz I know its cheap to replace!! :D
Good idea hadn't really thought of thinking about the future. May wanna take it all out if i ever sell. Only jst got the thing so hopefully not for a while.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well my brother is a Vauxhall Mech and he told me to put it there coz to replace the little pocket I put mine in woudl cost no more that about £20.

I did want it in the coin bit like you suggested but I have been told it is much more expensive because you need to buy the whole unit, electrics and all!

I'm too sensible like that though! :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could always fabricate some sort of plastic plate if i do put it in the central bit and ever take it out. Well i have to see. Might have a go at taking out cigarette lighter bit and seeing how its put together.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will, but wont be for a few weeks coz i wont be seeing ot for atleast 6 weeks coz i had to go back to uni to do my exams, then once there over i'll do it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i put my two switches there, one for internal neons and leds, the other for undercar neons! they look sweet,nice and flush with the plastic! covers up those useless crappy lookin coin slots! never though about when i sell my car! :eek: oh well,guess i will have to leave my neons in when i sell my c? or just stick sum stupid stickers over the wholes that are left from the switches. could do sumthing subtle like stick sum carbon look stuff over it or sumthing. But do it man,it look sweet there and its convenient!

p.s. try maplins for switches, they got shedloads!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Johnny, Just leave the switches for the new owner to puzzle over :lol: You don't need to explain yourself, especially if you are trading it in. Anyway there might be a few more dead C's in scrap yards by then. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts