Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a vauxhall corsa 1.4 2008.
The problem is if I didn't drive my car for a day my battery would go flat, and the last time it went flat my car wouldn't unlock or lock using the key fob, I can only open and unlock the drivers side with the key. I've changed the batteries in the key and it still does not work. The indicators still flash when I press the key fob, and the lock inside does the same. I've tried resetting the fob but still no luck. Please help. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
8,589 Posts
if ya dont get an answer and a fix on this forum, has its abit dead now, you can also try over on the vauxhall network forum

same forum set up as this, run by the same admin, but with more active members on there

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Also, a 2008 means you have a Corsa D, so your question is better placed there (Corsa D UK or VxON as andy has just linked). Although you might get some answers here, as it's not a very specific D-problem by the sound of it.

It's worth finding out how much charge your car's battery (not the fob's) is holding. Pretty much any place selling batteries can do this. If yours can't last a day on the driveway without going flat, I suspect it's on its last legs. This will give you all sorts of central locking problems partly because that takes more juice than flashing the indicators but also it might have gone out of sync with your fob, having been drained out so much.

Assuming you need a fresh battery under the bonnet, have a search for "Corsa D fob locking syncro" or similar to see what the procedure is. Usually something simple like pressing a button for 10 secs while turning the ignition on - that sort of thing.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,365 Posts
if ya dont get an answer and a fix on this forum, has its abit dead now, you can also try over on the vauxhall network forum

same forum set up as this, run by the same admin, but with more active members on there
im banned on there for some reason lol

·
605,365 Posts
Hi, I own a vauxhall corsa 1.4 2008.
The problem is if I didn't drive my car for a day my battery would go flat, and the last time it went flat my car wouldn't unlock or lock using the key fob, I can only open and unlock the drivers side with the key. I've changed the batteries in the key and it still does not work. The indicators still flash when I press the key fob, and the lock inside does the same. I've tried resetting the fob but still no luck. Please help. Thank you.
tried syncing it?

·
605,365 Posts
ya not kev, all new accounts go into an approval que, till a moderator (mainly me :ROFLMAO: ) approves the account, if we dont, the forum gets battered with spam accounts.. anyway i just approved ya fella (y)
My pugh125k is so started a new one pugh125

But thanks for accepting me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,589 Posts
My pugh125k is so started a new one pugh125

But thanks for accepting me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ROFLMAO: alex one of the other mods on there, done some sort of clean up a couple of years ago and banned people that hadnt posted in posted for a while 🤷‍♂️... dont ask why.

if ya had mentioned it on here, i would of unbanned it for ya (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts