Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Corsa C 1.2 yr2000 and the o/s/r door won't lock unlock using the central locking so I have to remember to manually lock it.

I have spare key so its not that.

I've changed out both handle (spring snapped) and the full locking mechanism but its the same won't lock with key fob.

I have checked all the relevant fuses they are OK but I've read somewhere that the relays also control the central locking.

Can someone please advise as to were and which relays could be at fault and were I can buy replacements ?.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Are you able to check for wiring continuity? There is a short (unresolved) thread here

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you able to check for wiring continuity? There is a short (unresolved) thread here
Thanks for the reply,

I've put the new lock in and left the door card off for now.
I'm definitely no spark but I do have a multi meter to do very basic checks on say a fuse or power check a figure 8 lead/laptop charger but that's were it ends.

Sorry to hassle you but could you please tell me what do I set my multi meter to continuity or voltage and which pins?.
Do you mean unplugging the door lock power plug then meter the pins in the live plug itself ?.
The fuses ars fine but again I don't know how to check a relay as I've never checked one before.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sorry I haven't returned to the forum until now. I'm a bit in the same league; competent enough to have a go if I knew where I was looking and what for. I would look at the live plug (3:30 in this vid)
(or almost immediately in this one)

looking for continuity with the ignition on. I'm speculating here (someone might be able to chime in with knowledge from experience) that much of everything will be to ground when there is no request for the lock actuator to do anything (afaik, that's the case with electric windows). When you use the plip or driver's door pin to lock and unlock, then at least one of the pins would switch from earth to battery positive to activate the actuator. So, if you're getting continuity on touching the pins and a +ve V somewhere when locking/unlocking then your wiring is ok.

This video is very good for explaining fuses and relays in the C
and, at about 10:00, he explains how to test a relay.

Apols for being so "dunno mate, here's some videos and my half-buttocked guesswork" but that's my limited skills. Hopefully, someone here a bit more useful will get in and offer more handy pointers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,
I tried to gain access to the relays by attempting to remove the relay cover in the engine compartment. After taking out the torque screws there was one swine I couldn't get to on the bottom on the left.
Do you have to remove the plastic windscreen vent to get at it as its right under it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry I should have pointed out, the central locking relays are not in the fuse box there
Screenshot_20201004-220412_Chrome.jpg
in a secondary compartment top right of the engine

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I think, from memory, that the last video I linked leads eventually onto the relay box near to the windscreen scuttle. It's a very comprehensive video, so you'd need to >> quite a bit to get to that part. I've never had cause to get in that section, myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts