Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i want to spray my centre console white or silver (havent yet decided) please will someone tell me what sand paper i need im so confused i know i need plastic primer spray paint and laquar just not sure on the sand paper
thanks for anyone who replies
:doublethumbs:

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
If you put it in the "interior" section of the forum then people with the knowledge of this sort of stuff will be there. :)

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Why have you put it in this section? And why havent you searched? lol

This gets asked every day
TRUE.

but when i did some bits on mine i used 600 then 1200, then used grey primer and then sanded with 1200 again. then washed and dried
then fine layers of spray, about 3 or 4. then some laquer if u wish.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
right u need wet n dry 1200 , 800 and 400 and may b a sheet of 200 and remember to wet the paper!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
no u dont i did that coz i was realli inpatiant with one of my door handle surounds an it went all ****ty so i now need sand it down again and re-spray and laqure it.

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Im no pro sprayer and I really dont see how hard it is lol...

Sand what your spraying, the more you sand the smoother the finish, depends how much you can be arsed.

Then wack a few coats of primer on. Leave to fully dry.

Then spray what colour you want, give it a few coats. leave to dry fully.

Then apply a few thin layers of laquer, and leave to dry fully.

I dont see why everyone gets so confused :dontknow: Plus everything you need to know is on this site.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i no that thats exactly what ive dun bt my lacour is still sticky after 4 weeks so im confused at that bt i fink im goin tio resand it and do it again coz my gf chipped it last nite with her nails lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts