Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi...im thinking to change the standard steering weel...but i have a doubt...
...about the air bag light in control panel...the light will be turned on when the air bag will be desactived????...in crash,theres no prob´s with the other´s air bag´s???

...how can turned the light off if i change the steering???

...there´s someone here that change it before???

Tanks.....SORRY my english :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I hace changed mine, and the light did not come on :thumbs:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ka$h said:
I hace changed mine, and the light did not come on :thumbs:

...Really???..so,how you pull over the standard steering...its hard to do it????
...and no prob´s with other´s air bags????

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Si: I think it's an irmscher one, but not sure, got it on e-bay £27 delivered. Bought it for the leather grip rather than the steering controls. This one anyway:

Fastrui: A quick guide:
Take out the two grub screws using a T20 torx driver from the back of the wheel, and the airbag unit will come out on a yellow cable.

Disconnect this, and you have access into the holding nut.
Using a socket set, remove the main nut.
Unclip Horn Wires.
Lock your steering lock.
Pull off the wheel.
Put new wheel on straight.
Fasten holding nut back on.
Re-attach horn wires.
Re-attach Airbag cable.
Fasten two grub screws.

Job done

S

·
0 Posts
Kash - thats the sxi/sri steering wheel like mine :thumbs: They look alot nicer with the leather than the plastic ones. Have you got your steering controls wired up or just left em?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Just left em. I need to get hold of a hynes to look at the schematic of the control. If it's easy enough, I might wire em through, otherwise I wont bother.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The airbag light should come on if the wheel is disturbed or removed. The "correct" way to turn the light out is to take the car to a Vauxhall dealer, hand over £40+ and they will plug it into Tech 2 and reset it.
Although there are other methods to turn it off :wink:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Well It doesn't. Honest. I have had the car in for a service and check since, and nothing was mentioned.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ka$h said:
Well It doesn't. Honest. I have had the car in for a service and check since, and nothing was mentioned.
I assume your bag warning light is actually working? To remove your original wheel you would of had to disconnect the airbag, on re connection, the light should have come on.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Light works! When I think about it, we checked this on the comupter at a mates garage when we did it, and it was all fine.

Just a bit of a mystery then. If it should it didn't, which makes me think that it shouldn't. If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Defo didn't reset it, just check the status. I said to him I'm sure that light should have come on, and we looked and it hadn't. Just a check, he plugged in. Don't know about the tech 2 thing tho.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
nah even in the haynes it tells you to disconnect the battery when changing wheels this stops the airbag light from coming on as you normally use the original bag anyway

·
Registered
275 Posts
Chewy said:
nah even in the haynes it tells you to disconnect the battery when changing wheels this stops the airbag light from coming on as you normally use the original bag anyway
Disconnecting the battery stops the bag going off as you remove the wheel, it doesn't affect the warning light at all.
If the wheel has been removed the light should come on, regardless of wether the standard wheel has been put back on or an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Can't see how. What would happen if you removed ecu as well? It could never know that the airbag was removed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts