Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how this is done????? My boyfriend has tried and so have halfords but neither have a clue how to do it. My boyfriend jokingly said he would need a fairy sized person to fit into the space to do it lol

Jaclyn _7_

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
?
Lot's of bulbs on a corsa,

Headlights, - facelift, normally drop the bumper (although it's a 5 minute job without dropping it, just fiddly)

MFD - See tutorial

Clocks (see tutorial)

Rear lights, remove whole cluster from inside boot

Interior light, just pull it down.

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
You don't have to drop the bumper, i've done mine twice now without, my hands aren't exactly thin either.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I find it impossible to believe that people can change their bulbs without dropping the bumper!... but i'll believe you :p.

Tools:
10mm socket
8mm socket
t20 torx bit
(t25 torx bit)
driver handle

Dropping the bumper isn't hard... undo two 10mm plastic nuts on the inside of each wheel arch (may need to jack the front up if you don't have lo profiles), t20 torx screw in the front of each arch, three 8mm bolts on top of the grille, two t20s (or could be t25s come to think of it) underneath at the front of the wheel arches and if you really wanna be bothered theres three plastic pull out rawlplug type things fixing it to the subframe (i know they'r not rawlplugs but for want of a better description...). Pull gently on the plastic wheel arch trim and pull the fixings for the bumper out. Ease this forward and the bumper should come off. At this point (or before if you want) unhook power to foglights and temp sensor (inside the lower grille), and the bumper should come forward or come off completely (depends whether you took the rwalplug type things out of the subframe). Its a good idea to have something for the bumper to rest on, ie a blanket, so it doesnt get scratched.

For the lights theres just two 8mm bolts on top of each and one underneath, undo these and they should detatch. Unhook the wiring loom, change the bulbs (H4s for all facelifts, pretty self explanatory how you change them once you're inside the lights), put everything back together and you're home an dry. Best to go to a vaux dealer to get the lights realigned. I did and they didn't charge me anything... miracles do happen!

Now that iv written all that I hope you meant the damn headlights... :lol:

·
Registered
99 Posts
You don't have to drop the bumper, i've done mine twice now without, my hands aren't exactly thin either.

yes it can be done without taking the bumper off, but it is a tricky job, I had to get someone to hold a mirror soI could see the clips, the bulbs on the drivers side are easy, so start on this side first,

its just a matter of pulling the wire connection off, then flick the clip off

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Blimey.

If it's only the side lights....it's even easier. Just pull the connector off and the bulb comes with it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i agree with gtc, changed my sidelight and headlights (not full beam) and took around 30 secs, and il confirm i didnt drop my bumper or use any tools what so ever (apart from kitchen paper:p) to stop myself getting burnt on bulbs!

·
Registered
99 Posts
i agree with gtc, changed my sidelight and headlights (not full beam) and took around 30 secs, and il confirm i didnt drop my bumper or use any tools what so ever (apart from kitchen paper:p) to stop myself getting burnt on bulbs!
agree with the above post.
it can be done without taking the bumper off, I changed one of my bulbs the other day. one of the new blue look bulbs lasted 4 weeks so had to put the old one back in.(changed both drivers and passengers dipped beam so they both looked the same)could do with a video on this just to show how easy(ish)this is

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
just unsrew the plastic cap in the engine bay behind the lights and pull them out, for the drivers side lights, i had to disconnect the air filter intake pipe, but all in, took me 5 / 10mins

1 - 17 of 17 Posts