Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought myself one of the SXI dial units (the ones with the white dials and silver rings around the dials), i was hoping someone could give me some advice what I need to do to fit it etc.

I realise that the mileage etc will have to programmed into it etc by a vauxhall dealer, but will the all the guages work etc automatically as soon as it's plugged in or will it need calibrated or anything like that? Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to have it programmed at the vauxhall garage?

Any help appreciated. :!:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
You dont need to reprogramme it. When you get the dial out look at the back. Remove all the little screws and take out the green "computery" bit. Simply swap this with your one and then your mileage etc will be exactly the same as before. A lot cheaper than re-programming!

I think if you look in the tutorial section of this site it tells you how to get your dials out :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers, I'll get to it as soon as the new dials arrive. Probably won't be until next week though.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Woody. Can I buy the needles off your old dials? You use two spoons to pop them off. Put one two teaspoons under the dial and gently lever them out. PM me if your interested in selling them :)

Cheers mate
Andy

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
ka$h, those blue needle are really cool, looks kinda volkwagen-esque, tho im not a fa of VW i like their dashes at nite...

nice work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts