Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
I did a cheapo ebay special be sting seal, worth a laugh, its coming from China so I'll let you know in a month.

I'll get looking for a short filter, nice one bud.

Autovaux, duly noted. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Flip fob arrived thanks to pugh125k, just got to get the blade cut.

I also received my bonnet cable, cruise control stalk and some LEDs.

Guess I best get cracking. 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Did a few small jobs today, I was intending to fit the bonnet cable as it arrived with a few other bits and bobs.

Bonnet Cable, brand new Cruise Control Stalk, 3rd brake light LEDs, Dash LEDs, new Flip Fob.

I shall try to get the new flip fob key blade cut tomorrow.

Quite happy with the new style logo.

Unfortunately I found out my brake lights did not work what so ever so that took up most of my time this evening, finished up well after I lost the light.

I was upgrading the 3rd brake light with LED bulbs and upon testing I got nowt.

Anyway here's what I was upto with the 3rd brake light, I did want to clean the dirt out of the edges but I have no idea how to get in there as its in a 1mm gap.

The light is easy to remove, if anyone is interested I will do a guide.

Bulbs fitted.

Working after fixing the brake light switch.

To fix the switch I first had to get it out, I ended up in a rather silly position wrenched in the footwell on my back getting cramp until I figured out how to strip out the under dash panels lol, after that there was a nice easy 'window' to get to the switch with ease.

I may do a guide if anyone is interested.

This is the issue I found with the switch once I stripped it, I won't be showing how to do this as it will be much safer to replace it.

I you look the left rivet connector is clean, the other is pitted and scored.

I took it apart a bit more and found that plates counterpart in in the main section was also pitted, I cleaned that up too, reassembled and it worked.

I got it working again but its getting replaced tomorrow as i'm going straight to Vauxhall.

Next up was a minor fix, the right centre dash vent was 'broken', stripping it was pretty much the same procedure as my Corsa B so nice and easy, I was lucky that it was just the centre support that had come unclipped.

Next up was fitting the Cruise Control stalk, this was a 2 in 1 job as the stalk which also operates the indicators felt very sloppy, this new one feels much better.

Again the procedure to fit it was very easy and pretty much identical to the Corsa B, again if anyone wants a guide I shall make one.

That was pretty much it for today, I have a lot more stuff on order so once the service bits come I will sort the bonnet cable. (y)

Registered
Good work. Slowly ticking the jobs off the list.
Does your Tigra have all the wiring for cruise control already in place? I know a lot of the Corsa C's don't have it from factory.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Once I get the clutch switch I'll have a poke about, it was too dark last night.

Another member on here retro fitted it to his Tigra so I'm hoping I'll strike lucky.

Registered
Some possibly useful threads; particularly people whose fit didn't initially work so there might be useful things to check. This one's the 14xep
This is 1.3CDTi but mentions lots of necessary adding on (Combos not having CC as a factory option) in case you need to do more than just the stalk and opcom

and there's this whopper of a thread. The OP has the 14xep but someone chimed in asking about a 12xe (not possible, afaik) and, tbh, I trailed off reading after that but punting it here in case you have a full tank of tea and Hobnobs to hand.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Well I had yet another fun day of onion peeling, yet another bad layer found.

I will start with a slight positive, I have replaced the old wiper blades with some Bosch Aero Flats, I still have an odd issue with the wiper arms though.

The issue I have is that when you turn off the wipers from either full or intermittent wipe the arms sit high on the screen yet when in operation they fully wipe the windscreen perfectly even below where they stop after a cycle as you can see from the water beads.

Any ideas folks?

Stalk, motor, relay?

Got to be something simple, I have posted in the Mechanical section too in order to get as many opinions as possible.

Anyway, back the the main issue of the day. :D

I was getting the boot cleaned and I lifted up the carpet to check the condition of the spare wheel, I was greeted with some wheel changing tools, a plastic honeycomb thing in place of the wheel and several inches of water.

(To be fair, I have found worse in the past)

So yet another issue to fix, I took the easy route, emptied the boot and took a drill to one of the plastic gommets in the wheel well, it worked a treat.

Once drained I wiped it down and i'm now going to find a spare wheel, I have a few ROVER rims, any idea if I can get away with throwing a 185 / 55 / 14" on the car rather than the 15" rim it is supposed to have?

I may have a water leak too somewhere, hoping its not too bad, no mould or bad smells, may do the obvious jobs, reseal the rear lights, clean up the boot seal and treat with rubber seal spray, its a non-silicone treatment, ideal for cabbys.

I filmed the drilling of the boot.
Enjoy the footage. :D

Registered
That looks like the problem solved (back soon, feeling the need for a pee)... Bath on Wheels sounded like the 3rd most important bishopric in the country. The Corsa C has the infamous bulkhead leak for wet footwells, and my 06 Focus has one that, parked nose upwards, turns the nearside rear footwell into a pool, but I'm assuming that your roof-doesn't-fold-into-bootspace has something to do with that or else rear lights as you suspect (totally guessing with a Tig, though.

The wiper arms not returning to a flat horizontal when deactivated is another ccuk forum classic. I'll try to link in your more specific thread. Something to do with the motors having some copper prongs worn down, iirc, and skinflints of olde soldered on some copper scraps to restore contact rather than buy new motors but just replacing them has been the more common remedy these days. I'll link up.

I guess the std for the Tig would be 185/55/15, like the C, so 14s would be a bit hoppity unless you had a 65 on. Also, isn't the MG Rover centre bore a bit narrower than the Vx - which would be a right PITA compared to just a spigot that I could use with my Renault alloys in a pinch? I have C 15" rims coming out of my ears, but the ones with tyres are either the 4Seasons I need to return to Malaga or else the summer set already there. I can throw you a nice SXi rubberless 15 but they are ubiquitous and often horribly scrubbed. I'm sure you could find a scruffy local one with a legal tyre for the spare well at 拢10-15 - if it would all fit in the space. I read that only the 17" Penta-shod Tigs had a can of spray and others had a steel spare so the space should be good for a 185/55/15 and this suggests it is:

Registered
As if to prove a point (as I tiresomely enjoy doing), this is actually within rolling distance of my house. HST, a Mohawk with that little tread is something I'd feel safer doing just that rather than driving on but a ginger-driving get home might do. If nothing similar comes your way, I can get it and do that Mersey meetup you suggested.

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
That SXi rim looks like it has a nail hole in it lol, might be worth a laugh but will let you know.

I threw a 14" Rover rim in the boot for now, its academic though as the spare wheel kit that came with the car was provided by Steve Wonder Car Spares, Nissan jack and a random wheel wrench that does not even vaugly fit the nuts, at least the wheel lock nut works.

Yeah I think the centre bore is about 0.5mm bigger on the Tigra but at the moment this wheel is filling the hole left by the insert kit thing, will keep browsing.

Any idea if this insert kit is of any use to anyone?

Registered
Can't see the hole, sure it's not the strange curvature of C SXi spokes and the back of shed paint? It's academic anyway as a 拢10 SXi 15 attracts as many bids as I do at the "sex slave for a day" auction at the WI. The good news on the Mohawk M112 is that I don't think it can be >6y.o. but the bad news is it's a Mohawk M112. Even with >6mm it has a lousy rep for even drizzle grip and on those "change now" blocks it's mildly preferable to getting home on three wheels.

That insert kit would hold the factory jack and wheelbrace but no use to me. My fave non-specific purchases have been a 拢5 s/h hydraulic jack and a vonHaus 12V impact wrench - was 拢30 new but seems to be 拢45 now. I like this one - it even has an LED torque setting - but it's in Leics

I bought them because I don't want more than a half hour puncture delay somewhere in France, but it's turned me into a mad buyer of cheap wheels that I can swap over for fun.

Registered
Its very unlikely you will sell or even give away the bits from the spare wheel well as most Tigra owners want a spare wheel instead.

Registered
FYI, that plastic thing the spare sits on is nearly identical to what you see in the smalls at the back of the Daily Express, next to the fleece lined zip-up ankle boots, for microwaving a pizza on. Worth a try, if a soggy bottom is more off-putting than food hygiene.

Unfortunately, I won't be pulling the trigger on that impact wrench, well worth the money though it is, because of the Leicester collect only. I collected those pink alloys+Michs in Notts and a Focus bumper (拢10, with fogs, in Moondust Silver) in south Staffs all in one trip and it was a heck of a yomp. I have made a mental note to keep my finger off the mouse unless it's close or vital.

I bought a new vonHaus one, which doesn't have the groovy torque LED gimmick, and I absolutely wouldn't be without one. Wheel changes are an absolute breeze with one of those and a hydraulic jack. It's made me snobby, too. I got a blister on one of the Nexens and a Spanish backyard tyre joint said they'd check me out in "momentito". Sitting watching the bloke scissor-jack the front of another car up, get a cross-wrench which of course succeeded only in slowly turning the front wheel, getting his mate to try and hold the wheel still, realizing they would have to lower it again to loosen the bolts... I drove off, with their "what's the matter with him?" looks in my mirror. Actually, that's not being snobby - I wouldn't have trusted them to sit the right direction on a toilet, never mind get the rotation of the tyres correct.

Registered

Bad news: 2008 tyre, 185/70/14 which is 3cm greater diameter than your 185/55/15s
Good news: Birkenhead, 拢7.50, Conti eco3. I have the unused Conti spare in my '06 Focus and it would keep you upright(ish) while you get rebooted. Just flagging in case.

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Got it on the watch list but found a guy breaking a 1.3 CDTi 10 miles away, just waiting to hear back if he has the spare and the tool kit, when in Rome etc.

As I mentioned in the Wanted thread, I have sorted a grey map light out now, threw it in last night, will need wiring to make the map lights work, will find a perm live at some point for it.

It is actually brighter than the original one as the main lights are more enclosed and reflect the light out better.

I am still waiting for some LEDs to arrive from China as I have a few mods planned for it, I may add foil tape to the enclosures to get more light reflected, worth a laugh.

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
Minor Update Time!

Not much, don't get excited.

New mats arrived, yeah they are not much to look at but they fit PERFECT and use the factory clips, plus they wipe clean and can be jet washed or hosed off then dried with little effort, exactly what I wanted.

Plus since there is still a mystery leak still and the mats are now one less thing to get wet and mouldy.

I also fixed the passenger window switch and the driver control bank, the passenger switch was temperamental most of the time and I had to raise it from the drivers side.

The drivers cluster had multiple issues, the windows worked fine but the power lock button didn't work and the mirror controls did not work up and down, left to right was again temperamental.

I removed them both, took them apart and cleaned them using alcohol gel and cotton buds, as you can see the black contact pads left imprints on the circuits and vice versa, it all cleaned up a treat, plus it showed me what kind of LEDs I need to get to do any upgrades in the future.

I gave the rubber membranes a good clean up and resembled, they both now work perfectly, nice easy fix, may be daunting to others but saves me 拢25 on new replacements.

Registered
A full set of alloys + steel spare in your area. I can see one 2019 date code but also some Mohawk brands. Still, might be worth a look at the listing

21 - 38 of 38 Posts