Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arite guys,

I love my corsa to bits but I think I might get a divorce!

The main problem is the oil, only filled it up a few weeks ago and its already all gone! The oil light came on the other day so I checked it only to find a chocolate looking oil mix! Anyone got any ideas?

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,355 Posts
you can get it fixed but it might be cheaper to buy another 1.2L engine & swap them over if you know what your doing

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i wouldnt drive it as it will go bang eventually.

whats the year and mileage?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i'd say its worth fixing. you can get an engine for about £400 and they are a piece of piss to fit

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
if you have good dealings with your local scrapper they may help.

I know people could be abit sceptical about letting a scrappers repair your car, my first car was a 1.1 205! try not to laugh :shock:

Due to lots of abuse, water pump failed, then head gasket and finally piston rings! a local scrappers fitted replacement for £200 all in!

only advisable if you know the scrappers personally tho?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea thats the problem! The only scrappers near me are bloody gypos! Doesnt help living near Slough!

I would never be able to fit an engine so it would cost loads to get it fitted?

Im tempted just to run it into the ground, but how much would an 2004 sxi 1.2 with 65k be worth with a new engine?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well im going to have to keep driving it as I will never get to work! Thank god I have the AA haha

How much would it be worth in the stat it is now ie head gasket thats gone?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
head gasgit has gone!

DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR AND EXPECT TH AA TO SORT IT WILL JUST KILL THE ENGINE TOTALLY!

seriously just find a good garage/mechanic and get them to fit you a new head gasgit. will prob be the same price as a new engine but less hastle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts