Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres a choice of springs that u can buy, ones that are 780 kg or 980 a think......both for corsa c and same price.....just wanted know the difference? and i bot the 780 ones or wotever the number is ment to be?

S

·
0 Posts
I am not 100% sure on this, but did see he same things available when I was looking at springs. The 780 might be for the 3dr and 980 for the 5dr, but wouldn't have thought the number of doors made much difference in weight as the car is still the same size. The two waits could go on engine size so for a 1.0/1.2 the 780 or larger engine like 1.8 could be the 980.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yeah si the 980 is for the 1.8 sri and 1.7 dti engines as they are heavier and the 780 is for the lawnmower 1.4,1.2 and 1.0 models

D

·
0 Posts
When i ordered mine i just asked for Eibach springs..... scott never asked what engine my car was or nothing!!!

Will this matter, or be a problem if i have the wrong ones??

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah, but whether he thought about in when he ordered the parts or not is another matter :roll:

Ahh should be ok - he hasnt let me down so far :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Just spoke to Scott this morning, and the 790 is the right one for the smaller engine, as per Chewy's comments :)

D

·
0 Posts
Did you ask him which ones he sent me? If not them why not :lol:

Anyways Chewys right, scott knows about my car ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Noonster19 said:
Did you ask him which ones he sent me? If not them why not :lol:

Anyways Chewys right, scott knows about my car ;)
if u have the springs , then lkook on the box or on the spring itself for a part number.. there may also be the weight rating onit also.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah good point - will have a look in the morning..... not like it matters as they are already fitted now :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts