·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way to do this.....
Mines filthy.... Instructions please :D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
get an old spray bottle and fill it with paraffin,go down the local jetwash and then soak the whole engine and bay with the parrafin..use a paintbrush to scrub the tuff bits then jetwash the whole lot off.drive back home this should dry the engine off a bit. then use plastic and vinyl cleaner to polish it all up...job done

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Chewy said:
get an old spray bottle and fill it with paraffin,go down the local jetwash and then soak the whole engine and bay with the parrafin..use a paintbrush to scrub the tuff bits then jetwash the whole lot off.drive back home this should dry the engine off a bit. then use plastic and vinyl cleaner to polish it all up...job done
don't you have to cover anything with all the electrics in the c

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thought the engine would need to be cold before i washed it ??

·
Registered
322 Posts
got any pics of the rocker cover painted? what colour have peeps done it? can it be removed and the top of the engine polished up at all? was thinking of taking it off and cleaning up or painting the engine top in silver or somet then maybe adding a metal plate with some kind of badging on it? what do you reckon lads? :roll:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i'm gonna get a spare rocker cover and get it blasted and polished.at the mo iv'e just painted the centre part of the rocker that covers the spark plugs

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah see what you've done mate, see I got the 1.4 so rocker cover is different, can only paint all of mine cause its silver at mo with vaux lettering in black not chrome badge like yours. god man your engine bay is so clean!!! how you got all your black bits so shiny? you gonna get it done in chrome or silver then? still gonna have badges on still?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
mine was originally black with white writing. i just painted the centre part as it's plastic and stuck a vauxhall boot badge on it.yeah deffo gonna get it polished or chromed.the engine bay used to be filthy before i got it just took time and a bit of effort to get it like that

·
Registered
322 Posts
so how did you get it so clean, what did you use?

also that metal shiny bit in front of the engine behind the radiator how did you get that all clean and shiny? mines all murky and dull what should I use to buff it up, I've tried a bit of T-cut but doesn't really get it shiny like yours?

mine is a bit like the pic above in silver but a bit smaller what would you advise me on doing with it as I'm a bit board with plain silver with yellow oil cap?

anyone know what that bit is after the air box just on top of the rocker cover its like a small flat pocketed box where the air must go after the air box? I want to remove this and fit a straight s/s intake pipe but it has a small tube coming out of it going into the engine whats this for?

does anyone know of a website that sells straight stainless steel tubing about 4 inches in diameter I think it is? also where can you get that bendy tubing for the corner piece from the air intake pipe to the engine top? in blue really?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts