Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
its a cleaning product hun, I think you can get it at halfords- its good for degreasing

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
its an engine... there to power not shine... we have had a few cars in work (normally R Lines) and people have kills MAF sensors, all kinda of problems we have... best of all tho it someone washing his throttle body (ETM) with break cleaner lol

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
doesnt matter, stepdad mechanic anyways.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
What's wrong with that mate?
the brake cleaner drys out the oil in the butterfly and they can get stuck... need to use carbcleaner or just use brake cleaner and spray it on a rag and rub it on the throttle body

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
How would it get stuck when the cable pulls it open, or do you mean stuck open which is strongly sprung to close them?

Nyzrox - Your choice dude, can feck sensors, can cause hard to sort running problems, but is your choice, and when you're stuck at side of road waiting for AA van you can admire your clean engine to pass the time .

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
get stuck open and wont close unless u push it...

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Fair enough, not known it in 11 years of mechanics, but always one I guess.
Strong old spring on them though, should easily prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
well im sure uve all seen volvo on watchdog lol thats what happen... we got told to clean them all ... we used brake cleaner and they all got jammed some just sticking now we have to replace them all... pain in the arse on a turbo as it sits under the inlet manifold and the wiring goes behind the starter motor bracket

·
Registered
1 Posts
Careful!!

I would be careful when washing it!

Whatever you do dont leave it running while you clean it.

Im a peugeot technician and i actually saw a valeter cleaning an engine bay the other day on a 206 and a small amount of water went into the intake manifold and the block exploded, fragments of aluminium on the floor and 2 big holes in the side of it. The engine blew up and the car ended up bein pushed round to the workshop with oil leaking out of the side. We ended up sortin the mess out and fitting a new engine!

Just be very careful of what you clean and with what.

Brake cleaner is probably the best because its a degreaser and it evaporates pretty quickly.

Gd luck tho

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've pressure washed the engine bay b4 - covered up the fuse box (induction kit if ya have one) and batter (basically electricals) and it was fine.

Should be fine really - think about it, the engine bay gets waer all over it anyway from normal road use so a bit extra isn't gonna hurt.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.