Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car needs a big old proper clean and being I know little to nothing about car cleaning products thought I may ask.
Need suggestions for top notch products.

I need to get my seats absolutely sparkling clean, they are filthy and even have marks in some places courtesy of my mate spilling coke on them. lol.

Want the tyres sparkly

Want the alleys bootiful, they are currently covered in break dust that hot water and a pressure washer just isnt removing. Also any products that can make curbing look a little better if one does exist? lol.

There is polish EVERYWHERE on my car, white polish marks all over the place from some of the worst valliters I have ever seen in my entire life. Its not so much marks as it is the dusty white stuff. Need something to get that off. Its not on the plastic, its in the grooves such as bits around my door handles ect.

And finally, something to make my car super shiny and what process I should go through when cleaning my car.

Thanks in advance chaps :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
For the seats, use steam cleaner, and some carper shampoo from halfords works a treat. Steamer is only £19, and it a good buy.

Wonder wheels cleans alloys really well, and if you want them spotless jack car up and take wheels off and do the whole wheel.

Turtle wax foaming tyre spray will get the tyres looking like it just come out of showroom.

Autoglym bodywork shampoo and conditioner gets the car shiney, but the stuff isn't cheap.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If your going to use wonder wheels make sure you get it off quickly as you dont want it embedding in the alloy!

As for the white marks get meguair's trim detailer to get it off plastic and if its round the door handles just pressure hose it and it will come off!!

For the tyre's use meguair's tyre gel (purple in colour)

To make it super shiney you need to wash twice, clay, wash, dry, polish twice, wax twice leaving it about an hour for the wax to set! If you got a black car use the autoglym polish with the black label as thats what i use and it comes up like glass!!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers chaps, will give the above a go and get some pics up asap. Thanks. If anyone else has anymore suggestions or anything feel free to stick em up. The white sh**e is NOT on any plastic btw, car is fully CC'd. Its around door handles, edges of arches etc.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the seats, use steam cleaner, and some carper shampoo from halfords works a treat. Steamer is only £19, and it a good buy.

Wonder wheels cleans alloys really well, and if you want them spotless jack car up and take wheels off and do the whole wheel.

Turtle wax foaming tyre spray will get the tyres looking like it just come out of showroom.

Autoglym bodywork shampoo and conditioner gets the car shiney, but the stuff isn't cheap.
Link?

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
I haven't got a link, as can't find on website, i just went into Halfords and they had them, it just a black small steam cleaner, should pop down and have a look

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Car needs a big old proper clean and being I know little to nothing about car cleaning products thought I may ask.

I need to get my seats absolutely sparkling clean, they are filthy and even have marks in some places courtesy of my mate spilling coke on them. lol. I'd get your seats steam cleaned, if they are stained like that!

Want the tyres sparkly Poorboys Bold and Bright tyre dressing.

Want the alleys bootiful, they are currently covered in break dust that hot water and a pressure washer just isnt removing. Also any products that can make curbing look a little better if one does exist? lol. Can't say they will do all that but try, Megs Ultra Safe Wheel Spoke Brush, Clean and shiny tyre dressing sponge, chemical guys wheel guard, and some blue alloy wheel cleaner (can't remember the name sorry)

There is polish EVERYWHERE on my car, white polish marks all over the place from some of the worst valliters I have ever seen in my entire life. Its not so much marks as it is the dusty white stuff. Need something to get that off. Its not on the plastic, its in the grooves such as bits around my door handles ect. If it's only dust then why not use the hoover?

And finally, something to make my car super shiny and what process I should go through when cleaning my car. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

·
Banned
22,984 Posts
free bump for halfords

EVERYTHING for car cleaning is 3 for the price of 2 in halfords at the moment, excluding pressure washer.

which to me is a pretty good deal :)

·
Registered
47 Posts

I need to get my seats absolutely sparkling clean, they are filthy and even have marks in some places courtesy of my mate spilling coke on them. lol.
You'll need a shampoo on them, try Autoglym Interior Shampoo first I would say which can be bought from Halfords.

Want the tyres sparkly Blackfire Long lasting tyre dressing from Polished Bliss (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb200wheels.html) or Poorboys Bold n Bright from somewhere like Serious Performance (http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,80,toView_36.html)

Want the alleys bootiful, they are currently covered in break dust that hot water and a pressure washer just isnt removing. Also any products that can make curbing look a little better if one does exist? lol. Can't help with the curbing, best product would be something like Megs Wheel Brightner and then use the AG twins of SRP and EGP, EGP a couple of layers gives great protection.

There is polish EVERYWHERE on my car, white polish marks all over the place from some of the worst valliters I have ever seen in my entire life. Its not so much marks as it is the dusty white stuff. Need something to get that off. Its not on the plastic, its in the grooves such as bits around my door handles ect. For the polish I would use either these or this. The first ones are much softer so less liable to scratch any paint work.

And finally, something to make my car super shiny and what process I should go through when cleaning my car.
Best bet is to use the AG twins again, polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then use Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection as the sealant, leave it about 45 mins to an hour before wiping off and then do at least another layer 24 hours after for a top finish.

That should sort you out ;)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
all this cleaning talk is getting me in the mood for a valet!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
lol

i would seriously reccomend turtle wax for clean wheels (the extreme cleaner, with brush and application tub!) :) i love it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the advice everyone! Looks like this week im gonna spend a bit of cash! Also thanks for the heads up on the Halfords offer, looks like i may be getting down there also. All really helps.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
for the tyres in halfords on the 3 for 2 i got some turtlewax premium tyre dressing and it works really well, megs quick clay kit is good if you want to clay

AG SRP is good and atm im using gold class wax and it does the job

if buying online though i'd recommend collinite 476 as its nice and durable

www.detailingworld.com is your friend. The halfords products will do the job but if you're really serious detailing world will point you in the direction of some good online retailers selling good products

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.