Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My cars mileage counter has gone a bit strange the last few days,the trip meter starts counting the miles then resets like this
Then it changes to this
It keeps alternating between the 2
Any ideas or help would be appreciated
Martin

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
142 Posts
Trip switch rest switch might be mucky press it and at same time wiggle finger around on switch for a while. It’s just a basic button can get clogged up over time. Virtually the same type button in your key fob. Failing that could be dash connection speed signal connection. With temps all over the place could just be lose.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Type "Corsa 026279" into Google and you'll see a few threads from this and elsewhere. I think the most helpful fix posted is here

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Martin, it's been several years since this came up so, if a solution works like the 2008(?) thread suggests, please update with your findings as it would be useful for future searchers with the same problem

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
142 Posts
That’s oil change service. That controlled on dash. Hold down trip button and turn ignition on at same time. Wait till it flashes on and the dash. Then turn of ignition and remove finger off trip button. 5 10 seconds turn ignition on should be off now. You need the dash unit looking at. On there can also change the service date miles or years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s oil change service. That controlled on dash. Hold down trip button and turn ignition on at same time. Wait till it flashes on and the dash. Then turn of ignition and remove finger off trip button. 5 10 seconds turn ignition on should be off now. You need the dash unit looking at. On there can also change the service date miles or years.
I’ve done all that chief and it’s still coming on,my cars a 2004 cdti so I’ve tried both methods and am stumped tbh

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
142 Posts
That tells me something wrong with the dash. If that’s not working on both. You need to get a op com or other type that can read dash board info. Sounding like a faulty dash board. Does it make any difference if you remove the battery for awhile and then reconnect. Takes around 25 min to an hour for complete voltage to drain with battery off and with ignition on. The turn ignition off and put battery back on.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I have read that "Insp" also comes up if the trip is stuck down. But, if neither attempt worked, I'm a bit stumped too. I have one of those <£5 bluetooth OBD jobs which, with the free Torque Lite app, allows codes to be removed. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
142 Posts
Code reader don’t do information has to be something like op com. That can tell you if a button is on or off and a switch etc. Live data is what you need. Codes can give you a hint as it’s making the code appear but live date shows you the link from one to the other.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The "INSP 31000" is approximately how long ago the service timer was reset.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That tells me something wrong with the dash. If that’s not working on both. You need to get a op com or other type that can read dash board info. Sounding like a faulty dash board. Does it make any difference if you remove the battery for awhile and then reconnect. Takes around 25 min to an hour for complete voltage to drain with battery off and with ignition on. The turn ignition off and put battery back on.
I will try this today mate and report back
Appreciate the help
Martin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts