Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Recently i have started to hear a clunking noise, usually just the once every time i turn left or go over a speed bump
anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
881 Posts
have u had a look under ya car for how ya exhaust is mounted? cud b that

·
Registered
881 Posts
ive had a new one recently...eccckkk get ya wallet out :( it cud b that but he said that its when he goes over bumps? mine made noises at short speeds when parking

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
most people get sqeaks over speed bumps which is normally the bumpstops on the suspension or bushes from reading about.

could be a number of things. If its in warranty take it to a dealer and ask someone to come out with you so they can hear it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
lose door cards? i ave tht with mine at the min cba sortin thm out coz elecy windows goin in a couple of weeks :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
if its coming from the rear end it could be your anti roll bar links, i believe the corsa c had a problem with them and they wear out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure what it could be till i get it checked out, don't think its the exhaust cos its coming from the drivers side, sounds like its more or less coming from beneath me...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tried it and it made the clunking noise when i did a 360 turning right. The noise only happened once or twice but usually sounds worse when I'm turning normal corners right

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
A steering rack isn't

A CV joint you can do yourself for the cost of a new joint, some grease and a cable tie £15

·
*** Problem trader - DO NOT TRADE ***
10,920 Posts
i had this exact same problem it was my steering rack
pretty sure if it was steering rack it would make the car shake but i could be wrong

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
pretty sure if it was steering rack it would make the car shake but i could be wrong
mine didnt shake i just heard a clunk noise every time i went over a speed bump or a pothole and also turning and then the mechanic in vaux showed me the left hand side of the steering rack was really loose and had come away from the joint. luckily they replaced the whole steering rack under warrenty!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts