Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if any of you on here had ordered anything off of carparts4less.co.uk. Brother told me a while back that they were basically the cheap decent version of euros and I think I’m going to have to replace my clutch. My brother had said to go for a “Luk” one so found this https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/clutch-kit

Thought for the price, then with their discount code on top of the sale brings it down to around 137... thought it was a decent price for a 3 piece kit but just wanted to ask if it was worth finding another vendor or if this place is okay! Cheers all... also, do they do sales as often as euros? If so I will wait a month before purchasing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey mate, cant speak much fir the quality of clutch kit, but car parts 4less and euro are the exact same company, you get things for less from them due to thay side of the company having smaller over heads. The way i look at it, euro car parts is alittle more but you can return bacl to stores and go intonstores. Where as car parts 4less is cheaper but if they sens wrong parts or you meed to return, you have to send it back via courier (they pay) amd wait for refunds etc tp come back.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate, cant speak much fir the quality of clutch kit, but car parts 4less and euro are the exact same company, you get things for less from them due to thay side of the company having smaller over heads. The way i look at it, euro car parts is alittle more but you can return bacl to stores and go intonstores. Where as car parts 4less is cheaper but if they sens wrong parts or you meed to return, you have to send it back via courier (they pay) amd wait for refunds etc tp come back.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ahhh I see! cheers pal! Was just looking to make sure it wasn't some phoney rip off haha. He was saying I should order a LUK clutch kit off eBay but just not feeling it as I've had a few "OEM" parts off eBay before that have either not worked or gone bust! Glad to learn about carparts4less, think I'll be using them more often 😆

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You'll be fine with a LUK if it is a LUK. I have read of some places selling known brands but, on inspection, the packaging and materials are obvious forgeries. AFAIK, ECP and CP4L will sell cheap tut but the better brands have been real deal. With the effort involved, even a big saving on a clutch is not worth the supposed saving, which would explain this:

fine if you're the type who likes doing the job again a year later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll be fine with a LUK if it is a LUK. I have read of some places selling known brands but, on inspection, the packaging and materials are obvious forgeries. AFAIK, ECP and CP4L will sell cheap tut but the better brands have been real deal. With the effort involved, even a big saving on a clutch is not worth the supposed saving, which would explain this:

fine if you're the type who likes doing the job again a year later.
Ahaha yes hence why I was asking if people know carparts4less to be worth buying from as I’m not buying a clutch kit on eBay haha!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Euro's and Carpartsforless have been pushing fake LUK kits recently. Very cheaply. The fake ones have different rivets, embossed log is blurry and so it white printed LUK logo and numbers which should be on both side of drive plate clearly and on the friction linings. The printing on the boxes is not as sharp either.
Not just these 2 outlets selling the fake units.
Ive used the Valeo ones from different outlets in the past and not had any troubles.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Valeo are the genuine part
It's only genuine if its come from valeo. I've seen copys of valeo parts which when compared to another genuine valeo parts were different and when I queried it with them there reply was one was a fake. I'd have not noticed if I didnt have another sat next to it and i spotted slight differences.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's only genuine if its come from valeo. I've seen copys of valeo parts which when compared to another genuine valeo parts were different and when I queried it with them there reply was one was a fake. I'd have not noticed if I didnt have another sat next to it and i spotted slight differences.
Ahh man. Where does anyone recommend best place to get a genuine LUK clutch kit from then? This has kind of thrown me a bit. Reason my brother is doing the clutch for me is I can’t really afford to get it replaced at a garage (he’s done 3 clutches in the past and I trust him)... last thing I want is to spend £150-£250 on a kit and it be pissing fake D:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Euro's and Carpartsforless have been pushing fake LUK kits recently. Very cheaply. The fake ones have different rivets, embossed log is blurry and so it white printed LUK logo and numbers which should be on both side of drive plate clearly and on the friction linings. The printing on the boxes is not as sharp either.
Not just these 2 outlets selling the fake units.
That's news that I'll keep in mind, thanks for the flag up. I've only ever bought the odd non-vital bits in the past.

Back to the "who can I trust?" question... hold fire in case someone chimes in that they've had duds from them but I have used autodoc online and they have a range of brands for most items. They constantly have 20-25% off sales, so ignore the "ends soon" guff and another annoying thing is that you get emails for ages after getting, or even looking at, something. Also, they're based in Germany so (1) shipping can be high - not so vital on a pricey piece like clutch kit, and it's pretty quick (2) some parts can be only good for LHD vehicles. Other than that, at least "you gets what you pays for" actually is the case with them, in my limited experience. For most parts, they have several options ranging from cheap+risky to dear+trusted and I've received genuine stuff.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If the price looks to good to be true it probably is.
If you do get one and when you look at it it's as i described above, send it back for a full refund. if the seller refuses go to trading standards.
A friend recently got a LUK one for his Corsa D 1.3cdti from carpartsforless, just as i found out about the fake ones, he checked it and drive plate didn't look right so he sent it all back, no quibbles. Ended up getting a genuine Opel one through Courtenay Sport from Germany at less money too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers all. Have decided I'll definitely be going for a LUK. Vendors atm ECP and CP4L, if its fake can be returned etc... any other vendors to check out that are reliable and fairly priced if I choose to go elsewhere?
and things to look out for are...fake have the different rivets.. embossed logo is blurry... it should have white printed LUK logo and numbers on both sides and the friction linings... and the box of course. Anything else to keep an eye out on?

·
Registered
145 Posts
A good local motor factor will do their very best to avoid selling sub quality parts simply because they supply so many garages who will very quickly change to a different supplier if they try pushing out junk. My local factors have been going for well over 60 years and I have no issues with the quality of anything I've bought from them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts