Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It takes time to drop very high, it is also not necessary to step on half the pedal to change gear, and now when doing a 2-3 or N-3 fast it scratches, what I do not understand is because if it is so worn out it engages well, it comes out skidding the wheels, and in high gear the clutch does not slip, I know that it is dying and that it is going to die suddenly, but I do not understand that it scratches and does not skid on the box, why?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I can't answer the question, but my Focus was like that for years and, yes, the clutch died (more correctly, became terminally ill) very suddenly last year. Years of high biting point and not necessary to depress the pedal all the way for gear changes, but no slip. Then it just felt like a snapped elastic and I could just about drive it to the garage. Fortunately, my Combo was taxed, insured and inspected so I had an alternative while the Focus clutch was replaced. In Spain, my Modus has worried me for years. I bought it in December 2017 and from autumn 2018 it jerks in low gear when pulling away in cold and damp weather (until it warms up after 5 minutes driving) and gear changes can cause the revs to rise as the plates take time to engage. 3 years of this, without getting worse or more regular. I expect a day will come when the elastic snaps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts