Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2004 corsa 1.2.
the clutch pedal started to feel very loose and the biting point had changed to be a lot lower than what it used to be. And it also has started not going into gear (even whilst driving) I bled the clutch master cylinder through and replaced with new fluid. This seemed to be a lot better for a few days but now it’s exactly the same. Loose pedal, low biting point and won’t go into gear. Does anyone know what this could be or had a similar issue?
Thankyou
Josh

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Have you checked to see if the fluid has dropped at all?
It could be the slave cylinder leaking but quite likely the clutch is on it's way out. Either way you are looking at removing the gearbox to fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will find it could be Clutch Pedal Box, i have a 2002 corsa 1200 SXI which ive had this issue twice, The pedal box on these are riveted and not welded, Rivets get weak over time and pedal box collapses and no clutch,, i picked up a second hand one from breakers for £30 00, on last one that was fitted i got the joints welded then fitted its been on now for 2 years with no more issues, Mick Nottingham

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
You will find it could be Clutch Pedal Box, i have a 2002 corsa 1200 SXI which ive had this issue twice, The pedal box on these are riveted and not welded, Rivets get weak over time and pedal box collapses and no clutch,, i picked up a second hand one from breakers for £30 00, on last one that was fitted i got the joints welded then fitted its been on now for 2 years with no more issues, Mick Nottingham
Same issue as mine. Vx do an upgraded part to stop it happening again. I fitted the upgraded part. Brand new it was £40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.