Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post here so Hi all
I need some sound advice please. I recently did an engine topend rebuild on my Corsa c 1000 12v , I also replaced the clutch .
On completion clutch pedal went straight to the floor. have tried bleeding with solo bleeder nothing fluid gets to the bleed nipple then nothing on the pedal. I have fannied about with cars most of my life but this enigma is doing my swede in.Any advice would save me from going GaGa.
regards Lee aka ky52dyt:mad:
PS Spent past two days trying to bleed the thing.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Have you tried reverse bleeding it. You could use one of the front brake calipers to aid with this. Connect a pipe between the brake caliper nipple and the slave nipple and open both and press brake pedal slowly until you have fluid coming back to the reservoir and not air.

Have you checked the pedal is coming back up enough to allow fluid into the line. Pull the clutch pedal up and secure it with a bit of string to steering wheel.

Also I've seen it where the old seals still there so when you fit the new cylinder it's got 2 seals inside rather than 1. This is very common and is probably your issue. It simply wont bleed with 2 seals in place.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You asked for sound advice and ^ is the person. My one useful purpose is that I have a very good memory for threads that have come up in the coupla years I've been here. If your response is "yes, I tried all those already", I do remember a thread some months ago of the pedal thudding to the floor. Marks and others had a lot of suggestions and eventually (longish thread, all sorts of attempts) the issue was resolved. So I'll link that up for a read if marks hasn't got it in one (which he does uncannily often).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Great advice as always Mark's!

I have done numerous clutches, usually pumping the pedal on both strokes by hand could work well.

Double check that the master cylinder push rod is connected to the pedal.

Cal

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Also check that the pedal hasn't buggered up. The cage that holds the master cylinder rod cracked and bent meaning the pedal moved as expected but did actuate the rod. Take bottom panel out and have a look to ensure the rod moves when you press the pedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts