·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the following codes:
P0300
P0301
P0304

From what I understand it's the coil pack, is the non twinport (03/02/01) coil pack the same ? This is an early 06 corsa c twinport.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have swapped the coil packs between 1998 Corsa B 1.2 16v (x12xe) and 2005 Corsa C 1.2 16v (z2xep) and all models between with no problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swapped coil pack, ran fine for 5 minutes then misfire error p0300 came back. Then blew the same coils p0301 and p0304 on the new pack. Any ideas what it could be? ECU?

·
Registered
357 Posts
It should not, it only indicates the air that the engine sucks, the thing must be between coils, lambda spark plugs or wiring, remove the spark plugs and see if there is any puddled in oil, the car is complaining that a cylinder combusts badly, so it may be missing Spark plug or bad lambda

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Have you checked the wiring loom for faults?
Most common being oil in the plugs especially the ECU plug. This is due to a failed oil pressure switch.
As @jewels says these codes only indicate a random miss fire detected in cylinders 1 and 4 (p0301/p0304) and multiple miss fire (p0300) These codes can come up as a result of many other faults and as the MAF, Coil pack, EGR, Lambda's and Fuel vent valve are all on the same power circuit a fault with one of these or the loom can put these code up.
Have you checked for air leaks on the vacuum side of the engine or exhaust gas leaks?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you checked the wiring loom for faults?
Most common being oil in the plugs especially the ECU plug. This is due to a failed oil pressure switch.
As @jewels says these codes only indicate a random miss fire detected in cylinders 1 and 4 (p0301/p0304) and multiple miss fire (p0300) These codes can come up as a result of many other faults and as the MAF, Coil pack, EGR, Lambda's and Fuel vent valve are all on the same power circuit a fault with one of these or the loom can put these code up.
Have you checked for air leaks on the vacuum side of the engine or exhaust gas leaks?
Seems like the oil pressure switch failed, I swapped it out. How would I go about fixing the ecu plug if oil got in there? ( think it did) or checking the wiring loom for faults?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Electrical contact cleaner or brake cleaner.
It will require several attempts to clean as the oil that's in the loom works through.
Check all other engine plugs for oil as well.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It is possible the ECU is failing due to the oil.
Inside the wires from the plug pins are held in with glue, the oil softens the glue and the wires move. They are very cheaply made.

Complete ECU sets are found from £30 on Ebay etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is possible the ECU is failing due to the oil.
Inside the wires from the plug pins are held in with glue, the oil softens the glue and the wires move. They are very cheaply made.

Complete ECU sets are found from £30 on Ebay etc.
So I can buy an ecu set then switch it out? Do I then have to get it programmed in?

·
Registered
357 Posts
It should not, the sensor only indicates the position of the crankshaft to the ecu to know in which injection position it is, if it fails, they turn off or report a failure of the sensor or the camshaft, which measures in both areas, to remove it, clean it and clean the connector contacts you do not lose anything, but if it fails in gasoline they usually turn off, in diesel it indicates failure

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
A crankshaft sensor fault will cause poor or no starting and poor running on the z12 engines.
Simple enough to replace, its under the starter motor at the back of the engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So that didn't fix the problem apparently, other than the p0340 engine code. What else could this p0300 issue be?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If all the electrical sensors and connections are ok it could be any number of mechanical faults like vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, burnt valves worn cams.
Without seeing the car it is really hard to be sure what the fault is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts