Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have got a bit of money to spend on coilies, €500 max.

What are peoples suggestions on what to go for? Want to be able to have the car quite low but also comfortable :yes:

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have that much then silverlines would be your best bet. allthough i cant remember how much they actually go for lol
height and damper adjustable, also very high quality build
Cheers sim! think its true you get what you pay for so im going to spend a bit on them. Cant go over €500 though so id imagine thats like £430-£450 roughly?!

What do you mean by height and damper adjustable?

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
i'l have a quick google to see how much they are.
Struts are made up of two parts.
The spring and shock
The spring is what (in essence) pushes your car back up after its gone down in a bump etc
The shock absorber, absorbs the force of the wheels dipping suddenly, e.g a bump again
The springs also determine the height in wich your car sits, wich you can change
And you can adjust how much your absorber absorb the force as it hits bumps. Usually the softer you set the less handling ability, the harder you set it the better handling ability.
completely up to you how you set them up

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'l have a quick google to see how much they are.
Struts are made up of two parts.
The spring and shock
The spring is what (in essence) pushes your car back up after its gone down in a bump etc
The shock absorber, absorbs the force of the wheels dipping suddenly, e.g a bump again
The springs also determine the height in wich your car sits, wich you can change
And you can adjust how much your absorber absorb the force as it hits bumps. Usually the softer you set the less handling ability, the harder you set it the better handling ability.
completely up to you how you set them up
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detprod.asp?productcode=RSX714&PID=775995

£450 on there. PM ' Motorsportworld ' / Garry as this is where he works, he should be able to get you some CCUK discount :doublethumbs:
Thanks sim, havent a clue what you mean by the first one but ill pm him now and ask, thanks man:doublethumbs:

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
^^^ got them and gettin fitted sunday :love:

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
110% agree with this man up there ^^^

like i always say you pay for Quality :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts