Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna make a cold air feed for my piperx!

been told i need ducting and can get some from halfords for £12 or will any industrial ducting do??

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Any sort of ducting hose that will direct air will do it mate. The bigger the better :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Might as well, it should be cheaper. try and get the aluminium ducting, as this obviously wont melt and will help dissipate any engine heat quite quickly from the hose

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reckon it'll improve the sound?
where do i run it to? where the fogies are or just anywhere around near the front bumper -away from engine?!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I don't know much about the sound, but it should improve performance. The colder the feed, the better the mix, and the better performance.

You can feed it from anywhere from the front, so as to force air along it when driving. Probably best from the lower grille, as you have a larger aperture to catch the air in. Oh and yeah away from the engine as best as possible to avoid additional hea ton the hose

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red_Sxi said:
Are you using the original cold air feed that went to the airbox as well?
yeah still using that

was gonna get another one tho :p

·
Registered
632 Posts
Feeds??

My C is goin in2 Vx for a few little jobs. Gonna order the SRi cross hatch lower while i am there. What i was think of was while the bumber is off, removing the lower fogs & use the holes to run cold air feeds to the filter. Go for the bad boy look.

What u think guys??

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
personally i wouldnt do it............i have always been a big fan of front fogs :D so i'd leave them and just put the air feed somewhere else

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
What were you thinking C4, adding another hose entirely, or adding to the top plastiic duct

1 - 14 of 14 Posts