Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was speaking to this guy down the garage where my bumper is being sprayed, i asked him about spraying my arches but he said that because of the material its made out of it will start to flake 6 months down the line...?
Has any experienced this?
Are there any replacement arches made of different material that can be used instead?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah i had a bit of problem with flaking paint on the grey pastic when i apint them on my old car but as long as the prep is good they should last for ever if paint well

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ScottC said:
hes trying to get more money out of you that sounds a load of cr*p or he doesn't know how to do it!
I hope he does know how to do it... they do all the repairs and spraying for my local vauxhall garage so i you would expect them to know..

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Im pretty sure its that easy however when this post came up before someone said its best not to do it yourself cos it'll be a dogs dinner 'cos you need your own heated spray shop or whatever, cant find the post though...

·
Registered
114 Posts
if the surface is keyd and primed properly then it shouldnt happen! when u take it to the bodyshop make sure u say u want the texture removing as this will give you the factory finish look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts