Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, im getting my irmy skirts sprayed and fitted whilst im on holiday next week, along with the boot where it has been scratched, an egg mark on the rear panel, and the mirror base plates.

Thing is my sprayer isn't confident about doing the arches - he says the orange peel affect will still show through even through all the primer - as sanding makes the plastic "furr" up too much, so you cant sand a lot as the primer wont bond to the arch or summat.

Anyway, can anyone shed some light on this, im not doubting him - he is head sprayer at a local bodyshop who bmw etc source out their repairs too and he is a perfectionist, ive seen his work. JUst wondered if anyone knows what their bodyshop used (hints and tips, processes or types of primer to make the job easier) and i know we have a couple of sprayers on here.

Much appreciated :salute:

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
That's a load of bull****e :p

You get rid of the texture by keying the plastic and filler-primering/primering and flatting layers until you get rid of it.

Go to somebody decent ;)

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a load of bull****e :p

You get rid of the texture by keying the plastic and filler-primering/primering and flatting layers until you get rid of it.

Go to somebody decent ;)

he is good honest, just fussy i think. I'll talk him round.

so the key is to just build up layers of primer

·
Registered
54 Posts
he is good honest, just fussy i think. I'll talk him round.

so the key is to just build up layers of primer
what are you paying for your full colour code im douting this sprayer iv done loads of corsa c colour codes on the plasics i use a green ti high build primer the secret is in the prep if you bring it to me i'll do it proper for you giz a ring 01253 500520 (between 9am-5pm)

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He works at aldon coachworks in Poulton.

He has quoted me £300 to spray and fit irmy skirts, respray boot (as it has been scratched), respray quarter panel to repair the paint being taken to the metal by an egg, and also to spray the mirror baseplates.

That doesn't include the arches.... how much would you want for the arches? You could possibly have them separately whilst he has the car for the rest - what do you think?

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
He works at aldon coachworks in Poulton.

He has quoted me £300 to spray and fit irmy skirts, respray boot (as it has been scratched), respray quarter panel to repair the paint being taken to the metal by an egg, and also to spray the mirror baseplates.

That doesn't include the arches.... how much would you want for the arches? You could possibly have them separately whilst he has the car for the rest - what do you think?

Thats steve from PJ Autobodies (formley Kustom Kreations).

Did a cracking job on mine and Oli's

·
Registered
9,802 Posts
Coming from Layton...

head to the mini roundabout next to Moor Park Swimming pool, take a right at the roundabout. Then take the 2nd left (i think) near TVR, then its on the right off that road (down a little alley sorta thing that opens up), just before a sandwich shop.

Its where the old Kustom Kreations was. Just changed name

1 - 11 of 11 Posts