Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read a mountain of posts about speedo issues, none seem to match, I am leaning towards a cluster fault and might try disconnecting the battery to reset things, the speedo doesn't move, but the odometer continues to clock up the kilometers, no fault codes or warning lights on etc. Is this common? I haven't had the cluster out etc, but did install central locking last night with no connection to the Opel wiring except where I picked up power at an unused fuse in the fuse box.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Check both front ABS pick up rings arent jammed with rust or burst.

I'm sure the speedo taps in to the left front abs sensor for a signal.

·
Registered
2005 Combo 1.4
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has ABS, yes I can solder exceptionally well, so I'm guessing pull the cluster and look for dry joints.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Resolder the motor’s 4 pins. Now, calibrating the needles will be another pain in the ... and you will understand what I mean, once your opcom arrives. Then we talk about firmware to software compatibility.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I pulled the instrument cluster for a different fault and it all seams pretty much sealed up.
Got a second hand one and all ok - except the mileage on the new one is 25K less than mine.
How do I explain that at next MOT ?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
The only issue is getting a opcom with genuine pic18f458. All the ones I've seen lately appear to be genuine until you try to upgrade the firmware and then they are killed. Ive found a good way to tell if the pic is genuine or not but you need a multimeter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts