Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the benefit of a search , I have used vectra b leather seats in combo c, the runners needed an extra hole each to mount them , and I had to make up 20mm spacers as original runners have 20mm risers welded on them, I reused the front spacers as they bolt on
I need to modify the wiring plug tho for dash light( tomorrow job )

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the information. I put Corsa C Exclusiv leather front seats in mine (Tigra B will also fit). I had to remove the front spacers as the rears had none. As you say, the seats are 20mm or nearly an inch lower and it does feel strange, as the windscreen and roof is very tall, but I get used to it. Please include some pictures in your thread, if possible. An Imgur account is an easy way to add pictures here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, will try to upload photos
Yeah seats would have been too low if I hadn't used spacers, have riser pump thingy on drivers seat
A few years ago I had centres of seats re upholstered in red vinyl, they have been stored in garage attic for 5yrs I reckon, been keen to reuse them since I bought van , but sh##ged time chain and lifters/top end rebuild , and then sh##ged turbo have hampered things a bit
Btw is ur sign on name bmx related , or deeper than that , ie under rose ???

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Good question, rarely asked. I was in a band called sub rosa (not the one that has some Youtube stuff, occupational hazard that another band thinks of the same name) so, rather than "oz123" or whatever, I use ozsubrosa. The guitarist came up with the name, "sub rosa" was a way of hiding priests if Protestant authorities came banging at the door to see if you're having a naughty Mass - literally, in the gardens under the rose bushes.

Although I've spent for C Exclusiv leathers, I would have liked the 2009 Tigra B ones. Better leather, and my Combo Tour is LHD, so I've lost the (not very effective) seat height adjuster whereas Tigras have them on driver and passenger side. I did wonder about spacers but didn't find anything off the shelf. If you did (I don't have the lathe, welding gear, barely have an acceptable set of spanners and screwdrivers) I'd be interested to know how to put a bit of height back in. Sorry you had a lot of repair work to do but at least now you have some reliable miles ahead. 1.3 or 1.7 diesel? and welcome to the "Combo owners section" which is quite a healthy subset.

EDIT: just re-read your 1st post, that you had to make the spacers up. Bit beyond my bargain-basket toolkit, unfortunately for me. And timing chain means 1.3 - dur, I really am slow when I haven't got my brekky in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the benefit of a search , I have used vectra b leather seats in combo c, the runners needed an extra hole each to mount them , and I had to make up 20mm spacers as original runners have 20mm risers welded on them, I reused the front spacers as they bolt on
I need to modify the wiring plug tho for dash light( tomorrow job )
Do you have any links or pictures for this? I just bought a Combo C from 2008 and the seats are wrecked, so wondering if I should take them to be reupholstered or replace them with seats from a different car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.