Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I like it a lot. Peps and I have both joined the "white front bumper" club; which really improves the look. Mine is a Combo Tour (a long, dull thread in the progress section if insomnia hits you) so I get a rear seat and glass all round but same purpose as yours. I'm overnighting in Folkestone then through the Chunnel on to Spain.

Can't sleep in mine (maybe could rough it alone) so I will be following your thread with interest. The externals are nice and shiny, btw and, as nick said, the 1.7 can last for yonks.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Very impressive so far!

My Combo is only the 1.3 - not my preferred engine, and at some point I'll be looking into getting a petrol engine, but it does the job for now. I use mine for my business - mobile car valeting. So, it stays as just a panel van, though in my case, I do make a few visual changes here and there.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
aww, now you're making me want one. Mine's a decent, load lugger + pleasant cabin area for 3 or 4, compromise but yours is a different beastie and I'm thinking of all the savings on Ibis Budget I'd be making. You ought to write some comments for thick people like me. So that's a solar roof providing enough for lights, ventilation and TV? Like it. And the quality/attention to detail of the interior is impressive.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you very much ozsubrosa I'm glad you can appreciate the detail.
Yes I was wondering if I should have added a running commentary.
The van has got a solar panel on the roof which feeds power to a 110ah battery under the floor in one of the compartments. This supplies power to the lights, tv/dvd, fridge/freezer, sockets, extractor fan and USB outlets and water pump. It sleeps two very comfortably and I even have a collapsing toilet! I have on-board gas and cooking facilities and enough storage for my food and clothing. I've just spent a week touring the isle of Wight!
The vans had new cam belt, water pump, thermostat, all filters, oil, coolant, discs, pads, drums, shoes, exhaust, battery, tyres, alloys, drop links, waxoyl, roof rack and bars, led lighting.
I've spent a fortune but I love it.

Vanessacombo

·
Registered
502 Posts
You should see my thread- you're as OCD with that van as I've been with my Volvo 240!

The easiest way to add running commentary is to add the images individually to your posts. Easiest way is to copy the BBCode and paste it directly into the post. Like this.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I had a collapsing toilet once; main reason why I decided to shed 20kg. We ought to set up some self-help group (Oz, Peps and Vc as founding members). I bought my Tour probably for less than the previous had spent in total getting it ready for Euro-trekking (low miles engine, new clutch, water pump and belts, gearbox checked out, front suspension) and I gave it new boots all round and rear coils. Despite it doing Malaga and back with only trivial problems (except the duff AC) and passing another MOT with no advisories, I've spent more than it first cost me on mostly (apart from the gloriously freezing AC) non-essential fripperies. All because I'm in it for seven hours a day when I drive between homes and I like it to be as civilized as a 19th century diesel van with extra windows can be.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I'm in Valladolid now and will arrive in Malaga tomorrow. First serious use of the AC, but still only for short bursts as I resemble Ishmael from Kingpin:

Don't want to add to your spends, Vc, but I also love having fitted a 1.3 CDTi's intercooler and hosiery to my Di, effectively turning it into a DTi. The acceleration improvement is great; joining motorways and overtaking slower vehicles is now almost like being in a normal (albeit not very powerful) car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get behind me Satan, ozsubrosa you're a very naughty boy, now you've gone and made me think about spending even more money.......
Does it just bolt on? How serious a modification would that be?
Tell me more my interest is peaking......

Vanessacombo

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Ah, you might have to read my progress thread "Opel Combo Tour Payback Time"

Very briefly, the Corsa or Combo CDTi IC and hoses will fit fine. The Di metal pipe from the turbo has to be replaced with a DTi one. Easiest to find is the Astra's, and it all hooks up. I haven't done any remap at all - the air is colder and therefore denser so more fuel gets injected.
I still took a while overtaking on steep inclines because it's still only 75hp at most but 0-60 and 60-80 overtaking on the flat is much better.

I'm not doing a good job of putting you off more spending, I suspect.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts