Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Nice to see it post spit 'n' polish, DanG, although I'm just getting over a LHD C 1.7Di in red or SAS Desert Pink as they become after 15 years. I knew a buffing would bring it up, but it was in Gloucester which might as well be the moon for me.

I'm sure the AC bits seller will take your arm off for £50. He started off at £100 many months ago but it's done complete listings with no bids on a £50 start at least 3 times now. If you're ready to bite, I'd say persuade him to list it as £50 BIN (or even make an offer for forty) just in case your bid shifts some bozo into counter bidding for the sake of it (does happen, and I also got shill bidding from a seller once).

I would think it's quite a turn of work. If you can, get components pressure tested (air is fine, no need to faff with N2, it'll all be vacuumed anyway) before installing. Really gutting if there's a leak at the back after all that plumbing work.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes looks a lot better. Yea I may put in an offer!! I'm getting tempted to go big on this if i cant get someone to do the electrics for the 1.9conversion. I mean, go big as in chop the floor out at the rear, use an mx5 rear subframe, put in a transmission tunnel and do a rwd conversion.
I don't fancy messing with canbus so I may as well go big and use a mega squirt ecu and get rid of ****ty canbus.....

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Off the top of my head, I can't remember if Vanessa's had a lot of false rear floor removed (her Imgur links are well worth looking over), and I do remember either on Youtube or just random Google that someone did in order to lug motocross bikes around stored upright.

In all other respects, your engineering skills go way over my "it's not tightening because the socket ratchet is twisted the wrong way" capabilities. Mr Drew (the meet Cecil thread) and Andy-v are people on here who know about ripping everything apart to transform the Corsa (albeit for different reasons to you) and might be useful to discuss ideas with. I'd do that Father Dougal nodding if you go too deep with me. At the risk of mentioning egg-sucking instructions, you know the m32 gearbox (afaik) is the best (only?) fit in there and its weaknesses (that are solved with the right rebuild)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
some nice pics of the mini campers....just starting on my 2009 ex PO 1.3cdti..very pink ATM but will polish up ok..
anyone know if you can Raise a combo?? say an inch or 3, as i'm an old bugga and it's just a tad too low LOL..
also after some 16" steelies to put on, heard the BMW Mini wheels fit? anyone tried/

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Welcome to CCUK, bez. Unfortunately, Vanessa's gone very off-grid for a while now and we haven't heard from her. Yes, a Combo can be raised. Most people want to lower them (sometimes sacrificing comfort) but huge_ferret raised his for better clearance. You can see the result on the last post here:

and if you click on his avatar/profile details, the option to send a private message comes up so you can ask him about how it was done.

Edit: and your best bet for 16" wheels with no fuss and little expense is the Corsa D 4-stud. I just this evening sold a set of four facelift D SRi alloys with legal tyres for £52. 16" steels might be a rarer find for Corsa D but if the alloys are cheap, why not? The only problem is that the D had 195/55/16s which were fine on my Combo but they could rub briefly when going rapidly over undulating country roads. Potholes and other sharp stuff like speed humps were no problem, but swooping around on those hummocks and hillocks at nearly 60mph did get the occasional grunch. Either live with it or get tyreless/duff tyred D wheels for even cheaper. Stud pattern 4x100 and centre bore 56.6mm is exactly the same.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts