Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is best to install in my Corsa C SXi, I want to upgrade the front door speakers, and was thinking of upgrading the tweeters as well.

The only problem i can see is hiding the crossover which comes with the components.

Can people tell me which is best and if people are recommending components can u tell me exactly what u have, so that i know that
i can fit these into my car with no hassle.

I know i can probably get 17cm door speakers with adapters, or would people suggest 13cm speakers.

thanks alot guys

Tipper
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
components are easily better,due to crossover! Produces crisper, clearer treble! yeah,the c is gay coz there is no where to hide the crossover. i just attached mine to the door cards,nearer the back out of the way. 17cm will fit in diameter with adaptors,but fiitng may depend on the depth of the magnet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,945 Posts
sometimes an audio shop will do a better fit, depends on if you have the money though they said 200 for me to get some hertz 6" comps in.
20% of the sound is the speakers the other 80% is good fitting. try sound insulation aswell works a dream but no tried it yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,380 Posts
If you're going to amp the speakers, new components all the way, otherwise a decent set of coax will be better than a set of seriously underpowered comps. If you take the comps option you'll be replacing the midwoofer and tweeter, if going for the coax option you just put the coax driver in place of the original midwoofe,r and I wouldn't bother changing the standard tweeter as there are many reports of aftermarket ones blowing up off the standard connection.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top