Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have Corsa C 1.0 with drums at the rear wheels but soon I'll have to change them for new and I was thinking about converting the drums into disks.
What actual parts I need to buy to make the conversion and how much It can cost ?
I'll be doing that all by myself so I won't have to pay the mechanic but I want to know all the needed parts to be able to make the conversion successful.

PS: I know it might sound silly to make something like this on 1.0 engine but I want to fit some better wheels on it and drums will look ugly.
While spending money on new drums and pads.. I can convert it to something better.
I forgot to mention that I'm not willing to change the whole axel with one from the 1.4 Corsa C or other model but the actual parts. Drums to disks.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Your cheapest and simplest option is to buy a complete rear beam from the 1.8 model Corsa C or Tigra B. You also need the hand brake cables and rear shockers as they are different on disc brake axles.
Complete rear beams sell from £80-£150 in the UK.
While you can swap all the bits on to your smaller axle it is much faster and easier to swap the whole beam and the 1.8 beam is stronger as well, not so prone to rust and failure.
Look for one with good backing disc covers as these are no longer available to buy new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near UK and here in my country there are little 1.8 Corsa's.. So, all in all, it will be better to find complete rear beam than to try and convert it ?
I might be able to find Tigra's here but is there any model that I can get it from ? I saw some 1.4's but I'm not sure if all of them have disks.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Any 1.8 Tigra B or a few 1.4 Tigra B's had disk brake rear beams. In the UK it seems the 1.4 with disk brakes was an option when ordering one new as it is not only found on certain models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts