Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Corsa 09 automatic gear stuck in park

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JD-Bell 
#1 ·
Hi,

What can I do to solve this issue. The past year or so my automatic 09 plate vauxhall corsa has had a problem where once it's in park it gets stuck in park and you can't change the gears at all.

When this first happened I just turned on and started the engine on & off a few times and it would start moving into the other gears again but last 5 months ago it's just permanently stuck in park. The only way to stop this is to lift the unit around the gear and press the yellow button down which releases the emergency gear part and allows it to move freely. I've asked 2 mechanics about this and they said the whole gear part would have to be replaced and they quoted me £600! but I have seen others online say it could be a soldering/solenoid problem so is there anyone who can help me out.

Many thanks,

#3 ·
It is a safety interlock to prevent you selecting a gear with engine off and start up pull away.
I have had a similar fault on a 2006 Corsa C where a wire had broke on the bottom of the gear stick. Replaced the broken wire and all has been good since.
Yours may be different as its a Corsa D?
It was simple to see the broken wire once the covers were off inside the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.