Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My son has a 2006 1.0 Corsa Classic with 87k on it.(Z10XEP) which has a knock on exhaust cam,he ran it for a hundred miles or so with a leaking oil pressure sender resulting in many miles with very little oil in.
In trying to eliminate the noise,I have replaced all tappets (motive) .I did put in a couple of topran tappets originally,but they were destroyed in a few months by exhaust cam,rockers seem ok.
I don't want to spend a lot to fix it as he is in last year of uni,but over the years I have replaced springs,flexipipe,brakes,lower arms ,bottom end shells ball joints and other bits and pieces so its worth keeping it going.
I have found 2nd hand cams ( 40 K with rockers)at a reasonable price from a 2013 A10XEP but am unsure if it will fit,as some aftermarket cams are sold as fitting X10EXP,Z10XEP and A10XEP and some are sold as only fitting X10 and Z10XEP.
Does anyone know if A10XEP will fit a 2006 Z10XEP engine. or am I better getting a re manufactured Z10XEP for a little more

Regards Kevin

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm not sure tbh. Something tells me they are but dont quote me on that. If you get stuck I've got a pair of camshaft for a z10xep in my loft. Bought them brand new for my sisters z10xe as they were worn to death on hers but after replacing the bottom end was noisy so they were removed and the car scrapped.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If it were me, I'd look for a corsa with a good engine, and all the bits you've put on the classic I'd swap over to the new car and put the old ones on the classic to scrap or sell on for cheap.

That's my basic long term plan for mine if it were to die mechanically. You could easily plow £3-400 into repairing a corsa when you could buy a good one for not too much more

1 - 3 of 3 Posts