Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my Corsa 1.2 SXI cut out on me or struggle to start from time to time. Doesn’t do it too often, but possibly once a week or so. It’s always done it since I bought it last year.

First problem is sometimes the car doesn’t start first time, usually does this when the engine is hot after a run. The car tries to start for about 7 to 10 seconds and when it does fire up the engine management light comes on. I switch the car off, immediately restart it and everythings fine.

Second problem, a couple of weeks ago I was parked with the car idling for around 5 minutes and the car shut off by itself. No judders or fluctuating revs, it just switched off.

Last problem. Last week, started the car up and went to pull away and it felt a little sluggish, it was reving freely but felt like the engine was struggling to get any power. Then it shut off and then took a while to start. Once started the engine management light came up again.

Any ideas what could be causing this? It’s not a major issue but would be good to get it fixed. Anyone else had a similar issue?

Engine has 98k miles. Planning on doing a full service soon, spark plugs etc. would this stop it?

Cheers,
Rick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Full service wouldn't hurt !
Check fault codes and go from there maybe immobiliser
Definitely not! I will be doing it soon :)

Cool, I've not checked fault codes before but just ran a search and found a tutorial. thanks! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve had my Corsa 1.2 SXI cut out on me or struggle to start from time to time. Doesn’t do it too often, but possibly once a week or so. It’s always done it since I bought it last year.

First problem is sometimes the car doesn’t start first time, usually does this when the engine is hot after a run. The car tries to start for about 7 to 10 seconds and when it does fire up the engine management light comes on. I switch the car off, immediately restart it and everythings fine.

Second problem, a couple of weeks ago I was parked with the car idling for around 5 minutes and the car shut off by itself. No judders or fluctuating revs, it just switched off.

Last problem. Last week, started the car up and went to pull away and it felt a little sluggish, it was reving freely but felt like the engine was struggling to get any power. Then it shut off and then took a while to start. Once started the engine management light came up again.

Any ideas what could be causing this? It’s not a major issue but would be good to get it fixed. Anyone else had a similar issue?

Engine has 98k miles. Planning on doing a full service soon, spark plugs etc. would this stop it?

Cheers,
Rick
Did you find out pal mines doing the exact same for few month now haha

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
As this thread is 7yrs old, your best bet is to start a new one. If you outline your problem, you should get some helpful advice. The admin team (for good reasons) will close down resurrected threads so you're unlikely to get much response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts