Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Ive recently purchased a 2004 vauxhall corsa 1.4 Sxi as a little run around. Whilst driving it started off seeming very easy to to stall and on turn over seemed delayed starting up. I turned a blind eye to this problem and carried on using. Very shortly after this when it was stalling, I'd start it back up and it would rev really high (between 4-6k rpm) for an excessive amount of time even when my foot wasn't on the accelerator and then drop back down to idle and stall or revs would drop to maybe 500rpm and feel like it's about to stall but then return to idle And be fine for a period of time then would do the same thing. Now it's gone from being difficult to start to not starting at all. The engine light is flashing in sync with the throttle body clicking and the service light is coming on along with the ESP occasionally.
I am completely dumbfounded. I have tried the following.
  • Changed fuel filter (wet filter put in)
  • Changed coil pack (tested on multimeter)
  • Checked ECU earthing
  • Checked Battery earthing
  • Checked and cleaned throttle body (although it was clean anyway)
  • Checked air filter and intake
car was layn dormant for a long period of time before I purchased it so was damp and mouldy inside (cleaned up lovely) it only has 39k on it and is in excellent condition seems a shame to just scrap it off. Please can somebody advise me on what might be the problem or where I can look next. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could there be issues with the electrics of the throttle body?
Hi!

Thank you for your reply. I have considered the throttle body and the throttle position sensor but wouldn't this throw up a fault code? I am not getting any codes. Sorry I should have mentioned this in my post.

Thanks,
Adam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts