Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok basically i've got an sri 1.8 and my best mate has just bought a Y reg saxo vts,decent condition with 34,000 miles on the clock.

He let me have a go of it and i've gotta admit its a lot more fun to drive (handling is amazing!) but didn't seem anywhere near as quick as my car yet i thort they were meant to be faster?

what would you put your money on? think i'm gunna organise a race on a private road of course!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha lets see.. i'm gunna get a race sorted and filmed on cam phone so we'll have to see, the saxo genuinely seemed slower than my car tho, flatspots everywhere! in 5th gear at 50mph u put ur foot down and u cant even feel a change!

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
haha lets see.. i'm gunna get a race sorted and filmed on cam phone so we'll have to see, the saxo genuinely seemed slower than my car tho, flatspots everywhere! in 5th gear at 50mph u put ur foot down and u cant even feel a change!
:thumbs: You will soon be famous.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i've got a decent chance, it can easily have a vtr in a str8 line so the next step up is the vts!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Right, to settle this thread, here goes:

Corsa 1.8: 0-60 = 8s
Top Speed = 126mph
Bhp = 123bhp
Weight = 1082kg

Saxo VTS: 0-60 = 7.6s
Top Speed = 127mph
Bhp = 120bhp
Weight = 935kg

All according to Parkers, so there's your answer, the VTS unless you mates a ****ty driver :thumbs:

·
Registered
23,694 Posts
1.0 wid poanel filter and cat bak system produces over 90bhp and cos its lighter engine can beat vts. voltage stabaliser allowz greater production of rpms over the rpm range and allows the oil to cool at a faster rate

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
forgot to mention i've got str8 thru exhaust, ramair carbon fibre air filter with direct cold air feed, and remap by angle-tuning, had full engine rebuild about a month ago. because i was loosing compression on 2 cylinders, its now spot on.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I know, its just its my best mate and all the time since we've been driving its been like a little contest as to whos got the better car, ya must know where i'm coming from!?
He means his 1L lol

1 - 20 of 60 Posts