Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m a delivery driver and have both a Corsa c 1.0L and a 1.3 diesel, insurance for a 1.0L is way cheaper than the 1.3 (I’m 18) I was wondering would it be worth it for me to swap the 1.3 engine and put it in my 1.0? Or is it not worth doing that? car is driven 5 days a week for food deliveries

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,368 Posts
No point insurance would prob be dearer as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Yes, after all that work (turning a petrol car into a diesel car - a lot of stuff to shift over) you then have to declare to the insurers the alterations. Insurance actuaries hate modifications, by young drivers in particular. You might find that your "was a 1.0 but I put a 1.3 diesel in" crosses enough warning boxes to end up being more expensive to insure than the 1.3 originally was.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah as an ex insurance worker, mods will make them likely walk away from you. And if you don’t declare it then you’re in a lottttt of trouble.

personally I’d say weigh up the cost, the mileage you do, the work that you’d need to do on the vehicle to keep it road safe, tax etc… and figure which is cheaper overall.

I’d bet it’s still the diesel as I always find that even a very economical petroleum doesn’t touch the sides of a diesel. Maybe because of how I drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts